Apple Vanilla Greek Yogurt Pancakes
These clean-eating Apple Vanilla Greek Yogurt Pancakes can be whipped up in the blender and simply poured onto a heated griddle for an incredibly easy, but delicious breakfast!
These are not your light and fluffy flapjacks, but instead they’re dense and more cake-like. Personally, I’m good with whatever type of pancake you want to put in front of me, especially if you’re doing the flipping. I topped my Apple Vanilla Greek Yogurt Pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup and pomegranate seeds. They’re naturally sweet from the applesauce, so they’re pretty darn great without any topping at all!
I just so happened to have some strawberry applesauce in the pantry, so for my second batch I decided to do a little experimenting. The only thing I changed was using the strawberry applesauce rather than regular applesauce. Don’t you love the pretty pink pancakes, below?!?! I’m thinking pink pancakes would make the perfect birthday breakfast for my little princess! I absolutely loved the slight strawberry flavor, too!
I eat one single batch myself- on each plate, pictured, is one batch. Five pancakes with just a little over 300 calories and 18 grams of protein- yes, please!!! Adjust your recipe, depending on how many people you’re feeding. If you’re feeding mostly kids- I think you could get away with one batch for two kids. If you’re serving other breakfast food, like eggs and sausage, I’m sure one serving would be enough for two adults. This recipe is also super easy to double or even triple, though. Just throw all of your ingredients into the blender and mix for 30 seconds to a minute. My favorite part is pouring the batter from the blender- this makes for perfectly round pancakes, plus I hate the mess that comes with scooping batter out of a bowl. These are also great leftover- store in the fridge and heat in the microwave for about a minute, for a super quick breakfast the next day.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites 1 large egg will also work
- ¼ cup vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt I used simply 100 from Chobani
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat or griddle at about 325 degrees F. and coat it with cooking spray.
- Add ingredients to a blender in the order listed and blend until smooth.
- *Pour batter onto skillet/griddle until desired size of pancakes is reached. Cook until the edges begin to look dry and bubbles start to pop on the top of the pancake.
- Using a spatula, flip and cook a couple more minutes on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter, making sure to coat your skillet again with oil between each batch.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
*For pancakes to thoroughly cook in the center; be sure that when batter is poured onto the griddle/skillet, you thin it out some with a the back of a spoon. Also, you will be cooking these at a lower temp for a longer amount of time. This will keep the outside from burning too quickly.
Recipe makes 5 medium pancakes, which can serve 1-2 people. Nutritional information is calculated for all 5 pancakes using 2 large egg whites.
If you love apples as much as I do, check out a few other apple recipes on the blog!
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried Greek yogurt pancakes?
Do you have a favorite kind of Greek yogurt?