Vegan Pomegranate Orange Protein Smoothie
This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Aloha, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #myAloha and #AlohaMoment http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Incredible citrus flavors meet in layers of fun with this Vegan Pomegranate Orange Protein Smoothie. Take your breakfast or post workout snack from mundane to magnificent!
Not only is the Vegan Pomegranate Orange Protein Smoothie fun to look at, it’s bursting with antioxidant power and it’s packed with protein! I used a new-to-me product- Aloha Premium Protein Powder, to keep this smoothie vegan, super healthy and add plenty of protein. If you’ve been reading long, than you know that I try to keep my diet clean and eat plenty of nutrients. I haven’t always been the most nutritious eater, though. In my twenties, my husband and I frequented a variety of fast food restaurants, multiple times a week. Now, I couldn’t even tell you the last time I set foot in a fast food restaurant!
The year I was turning 30, I knew I had to make a major lifestyle change. I became very involved in reading healthy living blogs, cooking healthy meals and hitting the gym. When I turned 30 in August, I felt great and looked better than when I was 18! For more specifics on my healthy living journey, read my “about me” page.
As hard as it can be to maintain a healthy lifestyle, I know it is so important and must be a priority. Smoothies full of nutrients are an easy, tasty way to keep your diet in check. However, adding a healthy vegan protein source to smoothies can be tricky. There are a variety of protein powders I’m not too sure about. Many contain ingredients I’ve never heard of and couldn’t pronounce to save my life. Aloha Premium Protein Powders contain no added chemical amino acids, vitamins, or minerals. They don’t use any “natural” or artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, or fillers. Ever!
So what’s the secret ingredient? Real food, that’s what! Who needs fake flavors, when you have real vanilla bean and organic cacao beans?!?! I absolutely love Aloha Premium Protein Powders, not only because they are delicious, but they are made with whole foods naturally rich in nutrients. Aloha Protein has a whopping 18 grams of plant-based protein, is made with superfood ingredients and has a complete amino acid profile. I’ve experimented with Aloha Protein Powder by mixing it into my pancake batter, adding it to various smoothies and making Sun Butter Protein Bars. I’ll be sharing the protein bar recipe with you, later this week… you’re going to love these!
I typically use unsweetened vanilla almond milk as the liquid in my smoothies. Using orange juice and pomegranate juice in this Vegan Pomegranate Orange Protein Smoothie, was such a welcome change. I really enjoyed the refreshing citrus flavor. Also, don’t worry about this smoothie keeping you satisfied. I drank mine for lunch and it filled me up so much that I almost couldn’t finish it, but I managed to get it down! Enjoy!
Vegan Pomegranate Orange Protein Smoothie
- 2 scoops or 1 pouch, 1 serving Aloha vanilla protein powder
- 1 very ripe frozen banana
- 1/2 cup organic orange juice, if desired, replace with 1-2 fresh oranges
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup organic pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup organic pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup handful fresh organic spinach or kale
- 6-8 ice cubes
- additional pom seeds and shredded unsweetened coconut, optional, for garnish
- For the orange layer; combine protein powder, banana, orange juice and water in a high-speed blender. Pour about 2/3 of the orange mixture into a serving container.
- For the pom layer; add 1/2 cup pom juice to the blender and 1/4 cup pom seeds with the remaining orange mixture and blend to combine, adding ice cubes as desired. Pour about 3/4 of the smoothie into the serving container and on top of the orange layer.
- For the green spinach layer; add about a handful of fresh spinach into the blender and blend until combine. Again add ice cubes if desired. Pour into serving container, making three layers of goodness. Enjoy!
*To create layers, you will need to add the optional ice to the pom and green layers, so the mixture is thick and will not just sink to the bottom.
*1 serving of Aloha Protein Powder is 1/3 cup.
You can find Aloha on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram. Sign up for a Free Trial (while supplies last) to try Aloha Protein Powder. The trial is 14 days with the benefits of becoming auto enrolled into the monthly subscription, if you choose. Be sure and check them out… you’re really going to love this product!
Have you ever tried Aloha Premium Protein Powder?
Do you frequently use protein powder? What kind?