Grilled Pineapple Avocado Hummus Bites
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TriscuitSummer #CollectiveBias
Grilled Pineapple… juicy and sweet- the absolute perfect pairing with creamy Avocado Hummus and savory TRISCUIT Crackers! This is the ultimate summer appetizer!
If you’ve been reading the blog for anytime at all, I’m sure you’ve figured out that I’m pretty fond of fruit. If I can incorporate it into a recipe, I do. With summer appetizers, like these Grilled Pineapple Avocado Hummus Bites, it’s so easy to do. And if you’ve never tried grilled fruit, it is a must. Smoky, sweet and absolutely incredible!
If you’re not going to use TRISCUIT Crackers, don’t even make these, though. Seriously. Since I was a kid I’ve loved the flavor of TRISCUIT with each hearty, salty bite. As a mom, I now appreciate that they’re made with whole grains.
This is going to be one appetizer that will outshine the entree, for sure! These bites are:
Perfect for grilling season
Perfect for summer
TRISCUIT Crackers are the perfect base to build upon. Topping are limitless- sweet, savory, creamy, crunchy. TRISCUIT Crackers will hold up to the the heartiest of toppings and nothing can compare to the signature TRISCUIT crunch. TRISCUIT Crackers come in a large variety of flavors. My favorite is the smoked gouda… you can’t just eat one!
Grab your TRISCUIT Crackers and make these Grilled Pineapple Avocado Hummus Bites for all of your summer entertaining. They’re sure to be a hit! Be sure to snap a photo when you make them and tag me @kimscravings on Instagram. I can’t wait to see your version!
- For the Avocado Hummus:
- 1 can chickpeas garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup lemon juice 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika + more for serving
- For serving the Grilled Pineapple Avocado Hummus Bites:
- 1 batch Avocado Hummus see recipe above
- 5-6 slices grilled pineapple
- 1 box favorite variety TRISCUIT Crackers
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- To make the Avocado Hummus, place all hummus ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and blend or puree until very smooth.
- To grill pineapple, place slices on a heated grill for just a couple of minutes on each side and until you see the darkened lines.
- To assemble Grilled Pineapple Avocado Hummus Bites, spread about 1 tablespoon avocado hummus on TRISCUIT and top with pineapple and cilantro. Enjoy!
*Nutritional information for Avocado Hummus can be found listed in the recipe of my Easy Tahini-Free Hummus.
I picked up my TRISCUIT Crackers while grocery shopping at Kroger this past weekend. Kroger is my favorite for finding quality products. I love their produce department, which is where I found pre-sliced pineapple, ripe avocados and fresh cilantro. Use the Kroger store locator to find a Kroger Family of Stores in your area.
If you love pineapple, try my super simple shrimp tacos with pineapple salsa!
Something to think about….
Have you tried grilled fruit? What varieties have you tried? Grilled peaches are wonderful too!
What’s your favorite TRISCUIT flavor variety? I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them.