Go put on your stretchy pants. S’mores Bars are on the menu!
Seriously. Do it now.
It only happens every now and then that I create an incredible recipe that I’m so passionate about, I can hardly wait to share with you. But before sharing, me + S’mores Brownie Bars = face-plant! In fact, the recipe will instruct you to let the bars cool before slicing… weeeeeeell… I just couldn’t wait.
Such a fun twist on your favorite campfire treat, S’mores Brownie Bars takes the summertime classic dessert to the next level! Are you having company over for a backyard barbeque or pool party? Is your kiddo having a slumber party? Hosting an end-of-school celebration? Celebrating Father’s Day? S’mores Brownie Bars to the rescue- they will be the hit of the party!
These ooey gooey amazing S’mores Brownie Bars include all of the essential S’mores ingredients with a surprise addition, M&M’s Crispy S’mores Red, White, & Blue. S’mores flavored anything always scores major points in my book, and the new M&M’s Crispy S’mores are a must try. You can find them exclusively at Target and whether you enjoy them in these S’mores brownies or just snack on them straight out of the bag, they’re pretty spectacular. Love that crispy texture!
I’m in love with graham cracker crusts and the graham cracker crust paired with the fudgy chocolatey brownie is enough to make me weak in the knees. Then add the crispy sweet S’mores flavored M&M’s… this recipe just keeps getting better, but that’s not all. Topped with slightly charred marshmallows and even more M&M’s Crispy S’mores- okay, now that’s a brownie!
These S’mores Brownie Bars are your new favorite dessert and the touch of red, white and blue is perfect for your summer celebrations. I can’t wait for you guys to make them and be sure to snap a photo and tag @kimscravings on Instagram. These brownie bars are what dessert dreams are made of. They’re:
Majorly kid-friendly… and adult-friendly too!
S'mores Brownie Bars
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, about 10 whole crackers*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, if using salted butter, omit.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the brownies:
- 1 box Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge brownie mix, prepared**, 18 oz
- 28 large marshmallows
- 1 1/4 cups M&M’s Crispy S’mores Red, White, & Blue from an 8 oz. bag (Target exclusive), divided
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 9x9 baking pan with foil (or parchment) and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and salt. Pour in the melted butter and stir until well combined and all the crumbs are evenly coated with butter. Press graham cracker crust into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 15 minute or until crust is lightly brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on the back of the box. Stir in about 1 cup M&M's and reserve the rest for the top of the brownies. Pour brownie mix on top of crust. Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Turn the oven to broil. Arrange the marshmallows over the top of the baked brownies. They don't need to touch. Place the pan on the lower rack of the oven and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until the marshmallows are melted and light brown on top — 30 seconds to 1 minute for golden marshmallows, and 1 1/2 to 2 minutes if you prefer more charred marshmallows. (Check every 20 seconds.)
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the tops with the remaining M&M's (press M&M's into marshmallows slightly), so they will stick to the melted marshmallows. Let the brownies cool completely. To remove, gently lift the brownies out of the pan by using the extra foil on the sides. Pull the foil away and cut into squares.
- Best served immediately. Store leftovers in the pan covered with foil for 3-4 days.
**I used applesauce to replace well over half the two-thirds cup oil that is called for on the back of the box.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
These look awesome!
They are! Hope you get a chance to give them a try!
Is it totally bad that these are making me want to nix the old fashioned campfire thing altogether? They’re gorgeous and look SO delicious! Holiday weekend perfection!
Not bad at all!!! Thanks so much!