Peach Ham Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Who doesn’t love grilled cheese? Buttery, crusty bread filled with ooey, gooey cheese is pretty much the BEST lunch ever. My Peach Ham Grilled Cheese Sandwich is the ultimate gourmet grilled cheese and absolutely delicious! Thick sliced bread is layered with sliced peaches, Swiss cheese, Bayonne Ham and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. This grilled cheese sandwich is next level!
This post is sponsored by Bayonne Ham. All opinions are my own.
Sometimes only a grilled cheese sandwich will do. You know what I mean? And this flavorful peach & ham twist on the classic is a MUST try!
Let Me Introduce The Peach Ham Grilled Cheese Sandwich
It starts off with a crusty bread and is layered with fresh juicy peaches, a drizzle of balsamic glaze, your favorite type of cheese (I personally love Swiss on this sandwich!), and gets topped off with the best tasting cured ham – Bayonne Ham. This makes for an insanely good gourmet grilled cheese sandwich.
How To Make A Gourmet Grilled Cheese
- Pick a thick, white, crusty bread such as sourdough. You want to choose a bread that is soft, yet has crunchy texture when you bite into the grilled cheese sandwich. I chose a thick cut brioche bread and it was perfect.
- Butter on the outside. Each slice of bread should have a good slather of butter to give it a nice and golden exterior.
- Cheese please. Swiss, White Cheddar, Pepper Jack – any favorite cheese will work and bring incredible flavor to this sandwich. I used a light Swiss cheese on this sandwich and it made for a tasty pairing with the peaches and ham.
- Bayonne Ham takes this sandwich to another level. It brings the salty, smoky flavor which balances the cheese and peaches perfectly. Bayonne Ham is made with high-quality, whole, fresh hams rubbed with a thick layer of special rock salt from the Adour river basin. It takes an average of ten to twelve months to make a Bayonne Ham, and the quality and care truly shows in each flavorful bite.
- Now to lighten it up! Ripe juicy peaches brings a wonderful freshness to the grilled cheese.
- A drizzle of balsamic glaze or vinegar gives this sandwich a pop of flavor that adds another flavor dimension to the grilled cheese.
The quality and flavor of Bayonne Ham is like no other. Whether you’re serving Bayonne Ham on a charcuterie board or on a grilled cheese, it elevates any dish. The delicious smoky taste is SO good. My kids eat it by the slice! Visit the Bayonne website to learn more about the curing process and where you can find Bayonne Ham for purchase.
Peach Grilled Cheese Variations
I know you will love this Peach Ham Grilled Cheese Sandwich. It is the perfect summer lunch to celebrate peach season! This recipe is also very easy to tweak, depending on what ingredients you happen to have on hand.
- The thick cut brioche bread was wonderful, but any artisan bread will work just fine. Sourdough bread would be another great choice.
- Use any favorite cheese! You can even spread a little cream cheese or ricotta on the bread before layering on the peaches. Another option is to use two different cheese varieties for a complexity of flavors.
- Other soft fruit types would work. Try nectarines or plums. And if you don’t happen to have fresh fruit available. You could spread a thick layer of jam or jelly on the sandwich.
OTHER TASTY LUNCH RECIPES TO TRY:
Peach Ham Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 large slices of good quality bread, (I used thick cut brioche bread.)
- 1 thin slice Swiss,, Brie, Muenster or Gruyere Cheese (I used Swiss.)
- 1/2 peach,, thinly sliced
- 2-3 slices Bayonne Ham
- Balsamic glaze,, optional
- Unsalted butter for spreading on the sandwich bread
- Slice peaches and set aside.
- Spread butter on one side of bread. Lay butter side down on panini press or heated skillet. Top this piece with peaches. Drizzle balsamic glaze over peaches, if using. Add a slice of cheese and then a few slices of ham over the cheese. Spread butter on the other slice of bread and place, butter side up on top of ham.
- Cook until cheese is melted. If bread is browning too quickly, reduce heat to low.
- Serve immediately, as it is best served warm.