Alaskan Pollock Southwestern Salad with Avocado Dressing
Alaskan Pollock Southwestern Salad with Avocado Dressing- an easy, flavorful Tex-Mex dish that will knock your socks off! Made with delicious Wild Alaskan Pollock Burgers, black beans, corn, juicy tomatoes and topped with irresistible homemade avocado dressing, it’s the perfect swap for a hamburger when you want a healthier meal this summer.
These Alaskan Pollock burgers were a completely new-to-me product, but have become a fast favorite of my whole family. I sure am glad I decided to give them a try when I came across them at Costco last weekend. They have a wonderful mild flavor and cook evenly, with the perfect texture, in less than 10 minutes. They would be fabulous served up on a bun, or even in a tortilla, but who can resist this gorgeous Alaskan Pollock Southwestern Salad? You know I can’t!
Containing all of the health benefits of seafood, these Alaskan Pollock Burgers are a fantastic alternative to beef burgers. They’re naturally packed with healthy Omega-3s, so easy to cook up and honestly “made” this salad. The avocado dressing is also a must. You may remember it from my Healthy Cherry Almond Broccoli Salad. I’ve been putting it on pretty much everything since making that salad.
This southwestern salad makes the perfect meal when you want something substantial but healthy on the table fast (story of my life). I hope you guys love this 20-minute, nutrient-packed, gluten free dinner as much as I do! It’s:
Protein- and fiber-rich
- 4 Wild Alaskan Pollock Burgers
- 4-6 cups spring mix greens coarsely chopped
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can corn, drained (1 1/2 cups frozen corn that has been thawed will work)
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/2 large red onion very thinly sliced
- Optional garnishes: avocado slices and finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ large peeled avocado
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 3 tablespoons water + more as needed for desired consistency
Cook Wild Alaskan Pollock Burgers in a skillet according to package instructions.
- While burgers cook, prepare salad ingredients and divide into 4 servings.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add an extra tablespoon or two of water, if needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Top each prepared salad with sliced burger and dressing.
- Serve salads immediately or store salad ingredients separate from burgers and dressing in a covered container in the fridge for several days. Enjoy!
Nutritional information calculated with dressing. It would be very easy to lower calories by using less dressing.
I found Trident Seafoods® Wild Alaskan Pollock Burgers at my local Costco, located in the frozen foods department, specifically at the end of an aisle.
Looking for more fresh, flavorful, easy salad recipes? You’ll love my other favorites!
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried Trident Seafoods® Wild Alaskan Pollock Burgers? Seriously, a must try! For more delicious and creative ideas on how to prepare Trident Seafoods® Wild Alaskan Pollock Burgers, visit the Trident Seafoods website. You can also find Trident Seafoods® on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
And, be sure to enter the #swapyourburger sweepstakes below for a chance to win some great prizes from Costco.