Celebrate the taste of summer with some of my favorite fruits in this Tropical Tuna Salad. Mango, pineapple and avocado combine for a mouth-watering, refreshing flavor. Can you tell that I’m dreaming of my Miami beach vacation coming soon? Yes, my mind is already in the tropics!!!
Super easy to whip together too! So, you can get back to summer fun! I’m thinking this would make the perfect on-the-beach picnic food. Vibrant and full of fresh nutritious fruits- this tropical tuna salad packs a powerful protein punch from both the Greek yogurt and tuna fish. Feel free to customize as you wish. I went with two favorites- pineapple and mango, but other ideas are clementines, sliced banana, strawberries, kiwi… and the list goes on.
Tuna salads are the best for light summer lunches and this Tropical Tuna Salad is the ultimate sunshine meal. Simply chop your fruit, measure ingredients and stir… easy as 1,2,3!
I gave this salad an extra kick of flavor by adding Bumble Bee Prime Fillet Albacore Tuna with Jalapeños & Olive Oil. Tuna is a fabulous way to increase your protein either in a salad or on a sandwich. And with all of Bumble Bee’s flavored tuna options, you can simply eat it straight from the can or pouch!
I served my tuna salad in collard wraps and believe it or not, this was my first time eating collard leaves. I’ve always used romaine or cabbage leaves as wraps. Collard leaves are much easier to work with- they’re much larger than romaine or cabbage and super sturdy.
- 2 (5 oz) cans Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna with Jalapeños & Olive Oil (or other Bumble Bee® tuna variety), drained well
- ½ cup diced fresh pineapple
- ½ cup diced and peeled mango
- ½ cup diced avocado
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt + 2 tablespoons mayo for extra flavor and creaminess (optional)
- Combine all prepared ingredients and stir together.
- Serve on a bed of greens, on whole grain sandwich bread, in a pita, on crackers, in a leafy green wrap or tortilla wrap. Enjoy!
If you’re a fan of tuna salad, then hop on over and check out my other tuna salad recipes.
Feel free to share your favorite Bumble Bee® tuna recipes in the comments, below! I always love new recipe ideas!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.