Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
These Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes are easy as can be and so festive- perfect for celebrating Independence Day or any day!
And you just thought you were a pancake fan! Pancakes made into strawberry shortcakes take this breakfast treat to a whole new level. My kiddos went crazy for this fun summery treat… okay, I did too. You can use any favorite pancake mix! So easy, I tell ya!
Add a few blueberries and you have one delicious way to celebrate the 4th. But don’t just enjoy strawberry shortcake pancakes on the 4th, these are seriously too good not to have at least once a month… or more. Try roasting the strawberries for a little extra yum.
- For the pancakes
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar* granulated will work
- 3/4 cup almond milk or water or other milk
- For the topping:
- 10 oz. whipped topping**
- 1 pint of strawberries diced***
- Preheat oven to 350 F. and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine pancake mix and milk or water.
- Mixture may be a bit lumpy. Allow pancake batter to sit and thicken for about 5 minutes before cooking. If mixture seems too thin to spoon onto baking sheet, add another tablespoon of pancake mix. (Mixture should not spread when spooned onto baking sheet. It should be more like a cookie batter consistency.)
- Spoon about ¼ cup of pancake batter onto baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F. for about 12 minutes.
- Top pancakes with the whipped topping and strawberries and enjoy!
*Sugar is optional. Adding the whipped topping is sweet enough for me and was for my kiddos too.
**I like skinny truwhip- it's 100% natural, nonGMO, no high fructose corn syrup, no hydrogenated oils and gluten-free. I find it at my local Kroger grocery store in the natural foods freezer section.
***Any favorite fruit would work fabulously... peaches, cinnamon apples, blueberries, raspberries and the list goes on!
Pin the image below to share with your Pinterest friends!
Celebrate strawberries with a few other delicious recipes from the blog!
Strawberry Banana Whole Grain Muffins with Oat Streusal Topping (some of my VERY favorite muffins!)
Strawberry Cheesecake Baked Oatmeal– Great make-ahead breakfast that tastes deliciously like strawberry cheesecake.
Strawberry Avocado Salsa with Cinnamon Pita Chips– Refreshing strawberry salsa served with homemade cinnamon pita chips is a hit served at any summertime party. Take this healthy appetizer to your next BBQ, baby shower or pool party and be the star of the show! The fruit salsa also pairs perfectly with grilled chicken or fish!