Skinny Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
Looking for game changing snacks for Game Day- something new, a little lighter and super simple to throw together? You will love this Skinny Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad! It’s full of fabulous flavors, sure to please a crowd and couldn’t be easier to create.
With this skinny Greek yogurt chicken salad you can totally stick to those 2015 clean-eating goals and still enjoy delicious game day snackage! We all love the chips and dips that come with celebrating the big day, but it’s also nice to have something a little more substantial too. It’s a little hard to tell in the picture, but I used cocktail rye bread to create mini chicken salad sandwiches. I think these mini sandwiches would be the perfect addition to your game day spread or really any spread- I’m thinking baby showers, wedding showers, fancy brunches and pool parties.
To create this skinny Greek yogurt chicken salad, I simply shredded some leftover chicken and tossed it in a bowl with craisins, celery, onion and almonds. No need to spoil this deliciousness with mayo; stir in nonfat Greek yogurt to keep things lighter and to give this salad a protein punch.
One of my favorite things about this Greek yogurt chicken salad is the combination of sweet and savory flavors. The craisins satisfy my always raging sweet tooth and pair perfectly with the savory smokehouse almonds. Of course, you can use any nut or almond that you prefer, but Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds are so tasty and add so much wonderful pizzazz to this chicken salad.
- 11 ounces-1 pound chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup craisins or other dried fruit
- 1/4 cup 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 cup red or white onion diced
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped (Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds are perfect!)
- 6 ounces about 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- To cook chicken for this recipe, salt & pepper chicken and bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 minutes on each side for a total of 30 minutes. Alternatively, pan-fry in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, turning after about 8-10 minutes on each side and until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Feel free to use rotisserie or precooked chicken too.
- Shred or chop chicken and combine with craisins, celery, onion and chopped almonds in a medium sized bowl. Stir in Greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Store the salad in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Something to think about….
Are you excited about the “Game Day”? I’m really not so into football and since the Cowboys aren’t playing, I don’t really care who wins. Brad will definitely watch and I’m just looking forward to sitting by the fire and snacking!
Have you tried Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds? They sure are tasty!
Check out a few other posts on the blog that are perfect for game day snacking!