Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StartAHealthyRelationship #CollectiveBias
Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars are perfect as a quick and easy on-the-go breakfast, snack, or dessert! They are made with whole grain oats making them as healthy as your morning bowl of oatmeal!
These little guys are seriously amazing. This pan of bars was gone in one day. My kids and hubby couldn’t get enough. And, I alone ate three! WHOOPS. Too good, I couldn’t help it.
These really are the perfect bar for a hearty snack because they keep you full for hours and don’t provide a sugar overload. Plus, they pack in plenty of healthy fats from the almond butter, and lots of fiber from the oats. Afternoon and mid-morning snack, solved.
Speaking of the almond butter, I used MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter. Hover over the image below to shop the deliciousness and give it a try for yourself! And click here to earn cash back.
MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter is over-the-top irresistible! And it’s no wonder, MaraNatha is one of America’s largest producers of high quality natural and organic nut butters. MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter is perfect for baking with, like in these Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars, but it’s also my go-to for spreading on toast, apple slice dipping or spooning into oatmeal.
MaraNatha is all about creating tasty healthy snack options for the nut lover that cares about living a healthy lifestyle. I’ve been adding a spoonful to my smoothies and my kids love it spread over celery sticks for a nutritious after school snack.
These bars are easy to throw together and make a delicious snack, or in my case, a great way to satisfy a chocolate almond butter craving. The hardest part is was waiting for them to cool, so you can cut into them and eat one (or two)! These Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars will be gone in a heartbeat, so make sure to hide a few for yourself!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- 1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla protein powder or use additional oat flour
- 1/2 cup baking stevia or 1 cup sweetener that measures like sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or low sugar maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white* (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips + 2 tablespoons more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8x8 inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. (Can use 9x9 pan for thinner bars.)
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined, (the batter will be thick like cookie dough). Spread the batter out evenly in the pan. Top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake bars for 18-25 minutes depending on the texture that you want. (If you want them soft, bake them for 18-21 minutes, if you want them more crisp like a crispy granola bar, bake them for 22-25 minutes. If you are baking them for the longer time, be sure to check on them and take them out once the edges start to become golden brown, and keep in mind that they will continue to bake in the hot pan even after you take them out of the oven).
- Remove from the oven when bars are cooked to your liking and let them cool completely (at least 20 minutes) before cutting into them. Cut into 16 bars and enjoy!
I picked up the MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter from Walmart. It was conveniently located with other nut and seed butter products.
Something to think about….
Have you tried MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter? Earn cash back when you purchase MaraNatha!