Gluten Free S’mores Mug Cake
Quick, easy, and campfire-free, this single-serve Gluten Free S’mores Mug Cake is the perfect way to enjoy the delicious flavors of summer in a soft and doughy muffin-like form.
Yesterday morning, it happened. I got my first glimpse of autumn. It wasn’t the temperature, because Texas is as steamy as ever. It was the quality of light outside when I woke up, just a little dimmer than the blazing sun of July mornings. It was something about the way the air smelled.
This happens every August–I catch a glimpse of the fall to come–and I greet it with a mixture of excitement and sadness. While autumn is wonderful, I LOVE summer and I’m sorry to see it go.
Think of this Gluten Free S’mores Mug Cake as the perfect crossover for summer and fall. If you’re like me and greet the start of the coziest season with glee, then this recipe is for you. But it also has classic S’mores flavors, which keep memories of summer alive.
I was able to conveniently find everything needed to make this irresistible single-serve treat right upon walking into Kroger. Score! If you have a Kroger or one of the Kroger Family of Stores in your area, have your seen the perfect s’mores display at the front doors. Makes me crave this yummy dessert every time I go grocery shopping. 😜
This mug cake is jam-packed with amazing S’mores flavors — graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallow. I just know you’re going to love it as much as my family and I do. It’s:
& So cozy
Think s’mores but on a whole other level. Plus, it’s so simple to make and is a great way to keep this summer classic alive right on through Christmas!
If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram. Enjoy, friends!
Gluten Free S'mores Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour*
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs, , divided, use gluten free as needed
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar**
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond, cashew or coconut milk
- 1 egg,, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon chopped chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1 large marshmallow, quartered
- Spray a microwave-safe mug or small bowl with cooking spray; set aside. Place flour, 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs, sugar or sweetener, baking powder, salt, milk, egg and vanilla in a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Pour batter into the prepared the bowl/mug.
- Add milk, stirring until no clumps remain before adding in your egg. Use a fork or whisk to gently beat the egg into the batter, making sure that it is fully incorporated. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks, marshmallow and additional graham cracker crumbs.
- Microwave on high for about 2 minutes, depending on microwave strength and depth of mug.
- Remove from microwave, grab a spoon and enjoy! If desired top cake with additional chocolate and a sprinkle of of graham cracker crumbs.
Love this S’mores Mug Cake? Try my other favorites!
Something to think about….
Have you gotten your S’mores fix this summer? If not, you’d better hop on the S’mores bandwagon before it’s too late!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.