An incredibly easy to make recipe, these Gluten-Free Pumpkin Protein Waffles work as a delicious breakfast, snack, or even cozy dessert!
These waffles have that perfect texture. You know what I’m talking about – when they are slightly crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. They also have a slight sweetness (even without adding any sugar) and of course that pumpkin spice flavor that we all love. No one will guess that they’re actually healthy and naturally gluten-free.
You’re going to love how quick and simple this recipe comes together. Surely you can spare 10 minutes to throw it together. I promise, it’s worth it.
I have this simple Belgian waffle maker and it’s been doin’ its thang for ages. It creates the classic fluffy, huge waffles (my favorite kind!).
The batter can be mixed in your blender (my favorite blender), which then makes the batter so easy to pour straight onto the waffle iron.
These waffles just might become your new favorite breakfast! With the lovely texture, taste and nutritious benefits what’s there not to love?! Not to mention they are so easy to whip up!
My whole family has been requesting these on repeat! We usually enjoy them with just a little added pancake syrup, and they’re pretty amazing topped with pumpkin-flavored yogurt too.
Be sure to comment, if you try this recipe, and let me know what you think! Also, be sure to tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats*
- 1/4 cup protein powder or additional 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup egg whites from a carton
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat waffle griddle. Meanwhile, place all of the ingredients for the waffles in a blender, and blend until the batter is smooth. (If using oat flour, simply stir everything together in a bowl).
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray, and pour 1/2 cup batter into waffle iron when ready. (Please note: the amount of batter used, and servings of waffles may vary depending on the size of your waffle maker). Close waffle maker, and remove waffle when ‘ready’ light comes on, (or when waffles are slightly golden brown). Enjoy warm with low sugar syrup if desired.
*Use gluten free oats if sensitive. You could also use 1/4 cup oat flour.
**Nutritional information calculated using IdealLean Multi-purpose protein powder.
SHOP THE POST
Try some other favorite waffle recipes!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oat Waffles – this is a similar recipe, but without the added protein. It also makes four waffles rather than just two.
Mini Chicken Waffle Sliders – these are made with my favorite paleo chicken and Van’s mini waffles. My kids love these!
Low Carb Protein Waffles – my go-to breakfast or snack! I have one of these almost every day!
Something to think about….
Have you enjoyed pumpkin, yet, this season? What are you waiting for? These waffles are calling your name!