This Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili is hearty, healthy, with a kick of spice! It’s gluten-free, super tasty and made with simple ingredients you probably already have on-hand.
I don’t know if you’ve ever cooked with cola, but if you haven’t you probably should. I’m not much of a cola drinker on a normal basis – but I love what it does to dishes. Somehow, it brings a new depth of rustic, slightly sweet flavor to recipes that I absolutely adore. I had no idea this chili would come out so tasty. I don’t know if I’ve ever loved a chili this much!
If I’m going to drink cola or use it for a recipe, you better believe I’m using Zevia! Zevia is clear in color, Non-GMO Project Verified, vegan, kosher and gluten free.
Zevia is naturally sweetened with stevia, so whether you’re craving a pop of flavor, need an extra pep n’ your step before a workout, or fancy something sparkling, they’ve got you covered. Always zero calories, zero sugar and no artificial sweeteners.
We don’t mess around with spice here in Texas y’all. And when you add in the sweetness of Zevia Cherry Cola with the smokey chipotle chiles, you got one KILLER combo. I mean, one SMOKEY SPICY SWEET combo. You have been warned, the spicy part is not an understatement. Haha! Feel free to start off with just one chipotle chile instead of two.
This is effortless, guys, requiring just 1 pot, basic ingredients, and comes together in less than 30 mins. Pretty crazy, huh?!
I hope you love this chili! It’s:
Make this dish for a crowd, as it’s especially great for hosting – so quick and easy… oh, and delicious! Or, make a batch over the weekend and enjoy it for lunch throughout the week.
If you try this recipe, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a picture #kimscravings on Instagram so we can see your creations. Enjoy, friends!
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 chipotle chile en adobo, chopped, plus 1 tablespoon sauce from the can
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (beef or chicken work too)
- 1 can Zevia Cherry Cola*
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes (with juices)
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- Optional for serving:
- avocado slices or guacamole
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- Spray a large pot or dutch oven with cooking spray and over medium to high heat sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 mins.
- Add salt, chili powder, chipotle chile, chile sauce and ground turkey. Break up pieces of turkey as it browns.
- Once meat is almost browned, add Zevia and tomatoes.
- Let chili simmer for about 15 minutes and then add beans for the last five minutes of cooking, so they can heat through.
- This chili is very flavorful. Reduce the spiciness by using only one chipotle chile in the recipe.