Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
Thanks so much to The Dannon Company and The J.M. Smucker Company for sponsoring this post and helping me to create these yummy Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Topped with fruit spread and peanut butter swirls, these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins are so fluffy, moist and scrumptious. PB&J in muffin form – yes, please!
You won’t find any butter or oil in these healthy muffins. Dannon Light and Fit yogurt keeps them soft and tender, while swirls of peanut butter and Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Spread add tons of flavor.
And I love how the top forms a bit of a crust while the inside remains so perfectly soft. Total swoon-fest. You’re gonna want, like, three (or more) of these, immediately. Trust me.
Like a lot of my other baked goods, these muffins are made with one of my favorite baking substitutions – yogurt. Dannon Light and Fit is pretty magical because it helps make muffins soft and tender while keeping them oil-free and more figure-friendly.
For the jelly, I went with my favorite flavor – strawberry. And used the most delightful Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Spread, made with ripened fruit that is naturally sweetened with honey to make for the most insanely delicious muffin. One bite and you’ll see why that decision was such a good one! Feel free to experiment and change up the taste. Smucker’s Fruit & Honey also offers Blueberry Lemon, Concord Grape, Strawberry Jalapeno and Triple Berry.
You can conveniently find all of the products needed for this recipe at your local Kroger store.
These have made the most perfect take-along snack for work and school. Even my picky kiddos love them! They would also make a lovely addition to your spring and summer get-togethers. I can totally see serving these at a baby shower or family brunch.
I hope you all LOVE these muffins! They’re:
Easy to make
& Kind of perfect
These are officially my favorite peanut butter and jelly treat! The inside is moist and tender while the outside is perfectly crumbly and sweet with ribbons of PB&J deliciousness. Swoon!
They’re delicious as is or slathered with even more Smucker’s Fruit & Honey spread. Oh and they would be awesome crumbled in a bowl with Dannon Light and Fit, berries and a drizzle of peanut butter!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I love hearing your feedback. Leave a comment and tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- 1 cup 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour*, 120 g
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed), 80 g
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Dannon plain or vanilla yogurt, 225 g
- 1/4 cup liquid honey, 80g
- 2 tablespoon coconut palm sugar**, 25 g
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons Smuckers Strawberry Fruit & Honey Spread
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter**
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare a muffin pan by lining the cavities with paper liners or greasing them with oil or cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, honey, sugar and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing gently until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, filling them almost to the top. Top each muffin with 1/2 teaspoon of Strawberry Fruit & Honey Spread and 1/4 teaspoon of peanut butter. Use a toothpick to swirl them around. Do not allow fruit spread to touch the muffin pan - it may burn on the side of the pan.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins begin to turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for about 10 mins before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or store them in the fridge for about a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
** You can also use regular brown sugar.
***Substitute the peanut butter for any favorite nut or seed butter.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Try other favorite gluten-free muffin recipes on Kim’s Cravings!
Strawberry Apple Oatmeal Muffins
Something to think about….
Are you a PB&J fan? Save $1.75 on Smucker’s Fruit and Honey Spread and Dannon Quart Yogurt and give these muffins a try!
Very lovely photos!! I’ll have to try these muffins out at home with my family!
Thanks so much! Let me know what you think, if you get a chance to give them a try!
Such a great classic combination. They look so moist and delightful!
I love this idea for PB&J! What a fun twist and a great way to showcase these products. xo, Catherine
What a classic combo and in gluten free?! I am smitten! Definitely trying these out. As usual these sound amazing.
These muffins look just epic! I love that you have used coconut sugar and honey in them. Bet they taste amazing. Beautiful photos too!
Looks like a great snack for the kids!
OMG! I’ve never been a PB&J sandwich kind of gal (I always just stuck with bread + peanut butter), but these could convert me!
Umm PB and J in muffin form? Yes please!!! And they are gluten free too? You seriously just made my day
I love yogurt in baked goods! It’s like a magic ingredient 🙂 These muffins look amazing. Soft and moist and yes, totally swoon-worthy!!
This looks really good! I love that it’s healthy too! I would love to make these as bite size snacks for my kids!
Fun flavor idea for muffins. Would you believe I”ve never combined PB &J? I was a weird kid lol.
Oh man pb and J is such a great combo! These sound so good right now!