Pancake Ice Cream Sandwiches
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Halo Top Creamery. All opinions are 100% mine.
It’s the ultimate in brunch foods – Pancake Ice Cream Sandwiches! And, guess what? This seemingly indulgent breakfast meal is actually healthy!!
A plateful of fluffy pancakes is a welcome sight early in the morning any day of the week. But when you make it pancake ice cream sandwiches you have got a plate of over-the-top goodness on your hands that would entice anyone to rise and shine to be the early bird. The early bird gets the pancakes, right? Well at least around here they do. Pancakes seem to disappear as quick as they make it off of the skillet. Crazy how that happens.
So, you may be wondering how we keep the most important meal of the day wholesome and healthy and still enjoy ice cream for breakfast. Halo Top ice cream makes it so easy – you can actually eat an entire pint and not feel guilty!
While Halo Top is low-calorie, high-protein, and low-sugar, only the best, all-natural ingredients are used, so that it tastes just like regular ice cream. Sounds too good to be true, right? Don’t take my word for it – dig in and see for yourself just how incredibly delicious healthy ice cream can be!
Good news, too. Your local Walmart now carries the following flavors – Vanilla Bean, Chocolate, Mint Chip, Birthday Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Sea Salt Caramel, & Peanut Butter Cup (my personal fave!).
Breakfast is an essential part of the day, and when it involves pancake ice cream sandwiches, it is a tasty part too!
Delicious Pancake Ice Cream Sandwiches are not only great for breakfast or brunch, but dessert too. Feel free to add a drizzle of chocolate syrup, a sprinkling of toasted nuts, shredded coconut, sprinkles and/or fruit to take this scrumptiousness to the next level. I like to call this bressert! Yay for bressert! What a perfect bressert to serve the next time you cook up pancakes.
- ½ cup 75g 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour* (spoon in measuring cup and level off with knife)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar**
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 5.3 oz. container Greek or other yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite flavor Halo Top Ice Cream
- Heat griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Spray with a nonstick cooking spray or grease with coconut oil.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cocoa, sugar and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine eggs and yogurt.
- Add egg mixture into flour mixture and whisk until blended.
- Use a ¼ measuring cup to measure out batter for each pancake and cook for about 3-5 mins on each side. They should be golden brown on each side.
- Enjoy with a serving of your favorite flavor of Halo Top Ice Cream spread between two pancakes.
*I use Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour. Any all-purpose flour will work.
**granulated sugar works
***Nutritional info includes dairy-free coconut milk vanilla yogurt (for pancakes) and Halo Top Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Each ice cream sandwich includes 2 pancakes and 1/2 cup ice cream.
Something to think about….
Have you tried Halo Top Ice Cream, yet? What are you waiting for? Be sure to head over to the Halo Top website and check out more ice cream recipes!
Get social with Halo Top!