December 2016 Stitch Fix + $1,000 Giveaway
Hello, friends! My December 2016 Stitch Fix shipment arrived just in time for my Thanksgiving trip to New York City. Even though some pretty great stuff was sent my way, I only ended up keeping one item. Read on for the review and enter to win $1,000 Stitch Fix gift card.
Before we jump into my latest Stitch Fix goodies, let me give you a rundown of how Stitch Fix works, for all of the virgins out there (it’s okay, your secret’s safe with me).
1. You start by filling out your style profile – you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, preferences, colors, etc. You can also write notes about likes/dislikes. Make sure to link your fashion board on Pinterest, so your stylist can see what you like!2. Order your first fix! Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee, however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. Because of this I always recommend keeping at least one item or you are essentially giving away $20 for nothing in return. You will receive 5 items [made up of clothing, jewelry, and handbags, whatever you prefer]. You can also let your stylist know if you only want clothing in your fix. I did this for awhile, but recently I updated my options to receive handbags.
3. Decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back [in a postage paid envelope]! You have 3 business days to do so – use this time to try everything on, see what you have in your closet that pairs well with it and don’t be afraid to say yes to something that you wouldn’t normally. That’s what makes Stitch Fix so fun! If you keep all 5 items you will receive 25% off your entire fix – yes, please!
It should be noted that while I have chosen to receive monthly fixes, this is in no way a subscription service and you are able to decide when you want another fix, whether that be in 6 months or 2 years from your first fix! As always, if you ever have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Okay now seriously, here we go! Remember – If you see anything that you like below, feel free to pin away and/or ask your stylist in the notes section of your next fix for something similar! That’s what I do to get the best fix possible!
Mattelyn Knit Dress by RD Style | SP | 64.00 | Keep
When I peeked at my fix through the Stitch Fix app, I thought this dress looked absolutely hideous. But after trying it on with my latest necklace from Rocksbox and booties, It actually looked fun and flirty. It’s also just as comfy as wearing a nightgown to work. Score!
Rhonda Faux Leather Jacket by RD Style | XS | 78.00 | Sent Back
I would have been pretty excited to have received this leather jacket had I not just bought one very similar from American Eagle. I had even pinned one to my style Pinterest board. I’ve never been all that into statement jewelry, but I’m loving this necklace from my latest Rocksbox shipment.
If you’re not familiar with Rocksbox, it’s similar to Stitch Fix where you receive a shipment of items. Here are a few more details for those of you interested:
- Rocksbox is a premium jewelry subscription that carries popular brands, like Gorjana and Kendra Scott.
- You have the opportunity to complete a style profile and also add available items to a personal wish list. You will then be sent 3 jewelry pieces by your stylist.
- You get to try one month completely free with no commitment to continue. It’s a win-win! Sign up here and use the code KIMLBFF3.
- If you choose to continue after the FREE month, there will be a $19 monthly fee. You will get to keep and enjoy your jewelry pieces as long as you’d like on loan. You can get as many shipments as you’d like to try.
- Like with Stitch Fix, you can make special requests. Perfect if you have an event coming up or if you’ve been eyeing a particular Kendra Scott necklace.
- Of course, you can purchase any of the pieces you receive with a great discount off of the retail price.
- You will be provided a prepaid shipping label, and envelope so sending back your box is super simple.
- Don’t worry- each piece is sanitized and cleaned thoroughly before it is sent out. I’ve never been able to tell that a piece was not new.
- As an added bonus, there is a Shine Insider Reward Program that gives you $10 Shine Spend every month. You can use it that month to purchase your favorite piece. You can also earn Forever Spend by referring friends, which can be used immediately, or can be saved to use for a future purchases. Loving this service!
Genina Satchel by Urban Expressions | 68.00 | Sent Back
I was really on the fence with this bag. I liked it, but I just wasn’t sure that I really needed it. Considering I was also trying not to splurge too much right before my trip to NYC, I decided to send it back. Lately, I’ve enjoyed carrying clutches and smaller purses, so I just couldn’t justify keeping it.
Addison Skinny Jean by Just Black | 2P | 88.00 | Sent Back
So I think I may need to update my profile and remove the petite sizing from my jeans because these skinny jeans were waaaaay too short. I did like the fit and even contemplated checking with Stitch Fix to see if they had regular length, in stock, to exchange. Again, I was saving for a trip where I knew I would be doing plenty of shopping and I already have skinny jeans in a very similar color. Back to Stitch Fix these went!
Finlee Striped Pullover by Market & Spruce | XS | 68.00 | Sent Back
Looking at these pictures, I’m regretting sending this sweater back. After trying it on, I was unsure about the rounded bottom. Now looking at it, though, it looks kind of cute. Plus, I just bought the Frye boots, I’m wearing in these pictures, in black. These Jackie Button boots by Frye are my absolute favorite and if you’re in the market for a tall riding boot, you can find them on sale now.
The sweater was so soft and comfy too. Maybe I should ask for it again in my next fix. 🙂
December 2016 Stitch Fix – The Breakdown
Black Knit Dress – 64.00
Black Leather Jacket – 78.00
Handbag – 68.00
Skinny Jeans – 88.00
Striped Sweater – 68.00
Subtotal – 366.00
Buy 5 discount (25%) – -91.50
Styling Fee Credit – -20.00
Total – 254.50
I only bought the knit dress for 64.00 minus my styling fee credit of 20.00, I paid 54.00.
December 2016 Stitch Fix Giveaway
Now for the best part! I love Stitch Fix so much I want all of you fellow fashionistas to enjoy this awesome service too.
Enter below for your chance to win $1000 in Stitch Fix credit! Giveaway has ended. Be sure to sign up for your own Fix, here!
Something to think about….
What do you think about my goodies, this month? If you see something you love, don’t hesitate to pin one or more of the items.
Have you tried Stitch Fix? If so, please share your thoughts.
At a loss when it comes to gifting your mom, sister or best friend? How perfect would a Stitch Fix Gift Card be? I know I sure would love to receive one! Simply click here and you’ll see, at the top of the page, the “give a Stitch Fix gift card” link.
Many links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy, painless way to help out your favorite bloggers… and help me pay my grocery bill! ???? Thank you so much for your support!