Cheesy Bacon Spinach Breakfast Casserole
This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
This make-ahead Cheesy Bacon Spinach Breakfast Casserole is quite the crowd pleaser! The perfect breakfast or brunch casserole for the holidays or when hosting guests.
Last year, I was in charge of hosting my family’s annual holiday brunch. I was a little nervous, as it was the first year I would be taking over for my mom and I wanted a meal that even the pickiest of eaters in my family would enjoy. My mom’s cooking is pretty much epic, so I had some big shoes to fill. To truly #TastetheSeason, I amped up the traditional breakfast casserole with the addition of spinach and prepared Kraft Stove Top stuffing. By using the Kraft Stove Top stuffing, I didn’t have to soak any bread, plus the stuffing mix really enhances the flavor of the dish!
This time of year, it’s pretty easy to find the Kraft Stove Top stuffing mix. I found it down the aisle where it is normally found, but it was also located in two other spots in the store. I picked it and the rest of my breakfast casserole ingredients up, on my weekly trip to Walmart.
When hosting a party or family get-together, where food will be served; it really is ideal to serve some dishes that can be made-ahead. This will save you precious time in those moments before your guests arrive, so that you can be putting finishing touches on other necessary items.
You can easily whip this casserole up the night before, then pop it in the oven Christmas morning while your family is unwrapping gifts. When you’re done… poof… so is your nice warm breakfast! Serve it along side some fluffy, sweet cinnamon rolls to really step up that holiday special factor.
Cheesy Bacon Spinach Breakfast Casserole
- 6 ounces Kraft Stove Top stuffing mix (I used herb flavored)
- 8 ounces bacon (I use nitrate free turkey bacon)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 9-12 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup Kraft Colby & Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (I used a little less than 1/2 of an 8 oz. package)
- 1½ cups half-and-half, other milks would probably work (I used 1 cup half-and-half and 1/2 cup almond milk)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Kraft Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and prepare a 9 x 13 dish with a natural cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook chopped bacon and onions until bacon is of desired doneness. Drain excess grease from pan, as needed.
- Meanwhile, prepare stuffing mix according to package instructions and set aside. (I did not use the butter)
- Add the prepared stuffing and the spinach to the skillet with the bacon and mix together until thoroughly combined. Transfer to a 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the half-and-half and/or milk and eggs. Pour evenly over stuffing/bacon/spinach mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for about 35 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes and until set.
- Allow casserole to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Organization is key to make party hosting a breeze. Plan your party/holiday meals by filling out a menu checklist, so you don’t forget anything. After you have filled out your menu checklist, you can easily make your shopping list from it.
A few other tips I try to follow when I’m hosting a get-together are; keep things simple with food and decor. Also, add fun touches, like holiday music, festive candles, cute napkins and plates. Just remember you don’t have to make things too complicated or stress out about every little thing. Your family and friends will notice your special touches and most importantly they will be more likely to have fun if they see that you are enjoying yourself. Take a deep breath and savor every moment!
Something to think about….
Do you have a go-to recipe, when hosting a party or family gathering?
If you celebrate Christmas, what does your family typically eat Christmas morning?
Are you a party planning superstar? Please share a few tips with us, so we can be awesome too!
If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!