Cinnamon Roll Protein Pancakes
These Cinnamon Roll Protein Pancakes are sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
These Cinnamon Roll Protein Pancakes taste just like a decadent cinnamon roll but without all the guilt… a perfect holiday (or any day) breakfast treat! And, of course, they go best when served with KING’S HAWAIIAN coffee!
Who doesn’t love a big, fluffy cinnamon roll dripping in sugary-sweet icing?
Oh man… I’m already drooling! I could eat cinnamon rolls for breakfast every day of my life, but that’s probably not the healthiest way to go… a girl can dream though, right?
So the next best thing is a stack of these easy, healthy Cinnamon Roll Protein Pancakes complete with cinnamon swirl and a generous drizzle of maple syrup. Definitely lighter, but still EVERY bit as delicious! Just don’t forget the KING’S HAWAIIAN Coffee.
Have you guys tried KING’S HAWAIIAN Coffee? As the coffee lover that I am, it’s pretty much my favorite thing right now.
The warm climate along with the rich volcanic soil of the Hawaiian Islands create the ideal landscape for growing coffee beans. In fact, Hawaii has become one of the world’s leading producers of premium coffees. Each island and even each farm, grow coffees with unique and differentiated flavor notes.
KING’S HAWAIIAN offers six special coffee choices from five different areas across the islands. My personal favorite was the Kona Coffee. It’s a medium roast with a nutty, soft sweetness and hints of pear, lemon, and black tea. It comes from Hawaii’s most renowned growing region.
A great way to try out all of the lovely KING’S HAWAIIAN coffee flavors is to purchase the available gift-set containing a sample of five 100% Hawaiian coffees from the Single Origin line, each representing a different region of Hawaii and a unique and differentiated tasting experience. And what a great gift this set would make, for the coffee lover in your life!
They would make the perfect breakfast for lazy weekends or special occasions (like the holidays!).
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram. Cheers and happy holidays, friends!
Cinnamon Roll Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 cup oat flour or 3/4 cup old fashioned oats ground into flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder or additional oat flour
- 2-4 packets stevia or 1-2 tablespoons sweetener of choice, or to taste
- 1/3 cup plain low fat or fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 large egg whites or 1/3 cup from carton egg whites
- 1/8 cup baking stevia or 1/4 cup sweetener that measures like sugar or 4-6 packets stevia
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder or brown sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons water (may need more to achieve desired consistency, cinnamon swirl should be thick, but also just thin enough to swirl on to pancake)
- Add all pancake ingredients into blender and blend until everything is evenly mixed. Spray a nonstick griddle or large skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat. Pour batter onto heated griddle or pan into a small circle to make each pancake.
- Meanwhile, prepare cinnamon swirl by mixing together ingredients for the cinnamon swirl in a small bowl. Mixture should be thick. Scoop the mixture into a small plastic bag. Snip the very end of the corner of baggie of cinnamon filling and squeeze the filling into the open corner.
- Starting at the center of the pancake, squeeze the filling on top of the pancake batter in a swirl motion, moving to the outside of the pancake.
- Cook the pancakes until small bubbles begin to form on top of the pancake and it's golden brown on the bottom. Gently but quickly flip it over and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the other side is lightly golden brown. Place the pancakes on a plate, cinnamon side up!
- Top pancakes with Greek yogurt mixed with equal parts low sugar maple syrup if desired for a 'glaze' or simply drizzle with pancake syrup!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Love these Cinnamon Roll Protein Pancakes? You’ll adore these similar favorites!
Fluffy Gluten-Free Yogurt Pancakes
Healthiest Pumpkin Oat Protein Pancakes
Other yummy protein pancakes from some of my favorite bloggers:
Protein Pancakes from Pinch of Yum
Cottage Cheese Banana Oatmeal Protein Pancakes from Ambitious Kitchen
Light & Fluffy Banana Protein Pancakes from The Creative Bite
Something to think about…
Have you ever tried any of KING’S HAWAIIAN coffee flavors? This is a great time to check them out! With code PSCGS1720, get 20% off your purchase. Explore the islands one sip at a time!
Delicious! I will definitely be making these on repeat!
I don’t have yogurt in the house what is a good replacement?
Hi Lisa! Mashed banana, pumpkin or applesauce may work, but I can’t say for sure because I haven’t tried that.
I tried these this morning and my kids have been raving about them all day long they are begging me to make them again tomorrow. They are amazing!!! Quick and easy great for school days. Thank you so much!
That’s so awesome! I love hearing that! Thanks so much for taking time to comment!
These look delicious! I would love to try them during the Christmas break. I am sure my kids would love them.
Wow! this looks like a fun recipe! will have to give it a try.
I love pancakes, so bonus points for that and for them being cinnamon roll flavored because I love those too! I never knew Kings Hawaiian sold coffee, I’ve always just associated them with Hawaiian Rolls!
Now these look like my kind of pancakes 😀 You cannot go wrong with cinnamon 😀
While reading your post, our weather is quite gloomy and getting colder. Your recipe is a perfect delight for this weather. Makes my heart warm.
Wow! That looks appetizing! Would definitely try them at home 🙂 Thanks a lot for sharing!
I’ve never heard of Kings Hawaiian coffee, but as a coffee addict, I’m definitely going to try it! Also looking forward
to trying these pancakes!
We love pancake so much! I do make banana chocolate or blueberry pancakes at home. I would love to make this!
It looks really yummy. I think I am gonna try this for my daughter. Thanks