Fluffy Gluten-Free Yogurt Pancakes
Start your day with the most delicious, easy-to-make, fluffy gluten-free yogurt pancakes! Airy and light – you guys are going to LOVE these!
This post was originally published on 3/27/17. It was republished with new photos and updated recipe tips on 4/29/18.
Pancakes are one of my favorite things to make and I have quite a few pancake recipes here at Kim’s Cravings. But of all the pancake recipes I’ve made, this one is honestly my VERY favorite. These pancakes taste and have a texture most reminiscent of classic buttermilk pancakes.
How to make fluffy gluten-free pancakes with Greek yogurt?
These scrumptious pancakes are so easy! You only need 5 simple ingredients and about 20 minutes, so grab your whisk and let’s get to it!
Step 1. Grab two mixing bowls. In one bowl combine the dry ingredients and in the other combine the yogurt and eggs.
Step 2. Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and WHISK, WHISK, WHISK!
Step 3. Once all ingredients are well blended, scoop out about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and plop it down on a heated skillet. Cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side and you’re on your way to homemade fluffy pancakes!
Tips for making homemade fluffy pancakes:
- My secret to the best fluffy pancake recipe is Greek or regular yogurt. The creaminess factor of the yogurt is what fluffs these pancakes up and makes them light as a cloud!
- I always whisk my pancake ingredients. Adding air into the batter with a whisk works wonders to create the fluff factor and give you the best fluffy stack of pancakes.
- Don’t skimp on the baking powder. It will help to lift the pancakes and keep them oh so fluffy.
- To get pancakes with lift, you need to start with a hot skillet. If the skillet hasn’t heated, the pancakes won’t get that initial lift, and the pancakes will fall flat.
- One other thing that helps the pancakes rise, is to let the batter sit for about 5 minutes before scooping it out.
Can you make gluten-free yogurt pancakes ahead of time?
Yes! Pancakes are one of my all time favorite breakfast meals to prep ahead of time. These pancakes work so well as leftovers. I like to double the recipe and store leftovers in the fridge or freezer to have on hand for busy mornings. I typically store mine in a zipped-top bag or some type of storage container with a lid that seals. They keep well in the fridge for about a week and in the freezer for up to about 3 months.
The best way to reheat these are straight back in the pan. They will get slightly more crispy (big bonus!) on the outside but still be nice and fluffy on the inside! Feel free to reheat them in the toaster as another option.
If you struggle with eating a healthy breakfast during the week or the mornings feel rushed, make a batch of these fluffy pancakes ahead of time. You’ll thank yourself later!
What’s the best toppings to serve on pancakes?
Fluffy gluten-free yogurt pancakes are great topped with fresh berries, bananas and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup! I also love to add some chopped nuts or a dollop of almond butter. Or you can serve them with chia jam if you want!
Trust me, friends, you’re going to want these pancakes in your life. They’re fluffy, pillowy, tender, airy and light, perfectly sweet, surprisingly healthy, easy & insanely delicious!
MORE GLUTEN-FREE PANCAKE RECIPES TO TRY:
- 1/2 cup (75 g) 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (5.3 oz.) container nonfat plain Greek yogurt**
- Heat griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Spray with a nonstick cooking spray or grease with coconut oil.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs and yogurt.
Add flour mixture into the egg mixture and whisk until blended. Allow blended batter to rest for about 5 minutes if you want super fluffy pancakes.
Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup (about 50 grams) to measure out batter for each pancake and cook for about 5 mins on each side. They should be golden brown on each side.
- Enjoy with toppings of your choice.
*I use Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
**For dairy-free pancakes, non-dairy yogurt works perfectly.
***For nutritional info, each pancake is measured with 1/4 cup batter and is about 50 grams.
****Feel free to add 2 teaspoons granulated or coconut sugar to batter for a sweeter pancake. If you add maple syrup as a topping, you should not need additional sugar in the pancake batter.