Baked Caramel Apple Donuts
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SilkSipToSpoon #CollectiveBias
Creating these Baked Caramel Apple Donuts was such a sweet victory in the kitchen! Tender baked donuts bursting with warm caramel apple flavor and topped off with a glaze made using dates. Breakfast doesn’t get better than that… it just doesn’t!
Thanks to the caramel variety of my favorite dairy-free Silk Almond Creamer, the lovely caramel apple flavor is evident. Super soft and moist… these baked donuts are pretty much the best cozy treat to wake up to.
I started with the same base as my Skinny Pumpkin Spice Donuts but swapped out the pumpkin and pumpkin spice for applesauce and cinnamon. I also used the dairy and cholesterol-free Silk Caramel Almond Creamer to really bring out the luscious taste of caramel apples. And then I totally loaded the tops with a naturally sweet date glaze that takes the caramel taste to the next level. I give you my full permission to put this date glaze on everything!
Have you had a chance to try Silk Almond Creamer? Oh my goodness… what are you waiting for? I’ve been loving the irresistible creaminess it adds to my morning cup of get up and go. It’s pretty great in my afternoon cup too! Ha!
Silk Creamers are free of dairy, lactose, gluten, casein, egg, peanuts. They’re also non-GMO and contain no artificial colors or flavors. Not only do they offer the yummy caramel flavor, but Silk Creamers are also available in subtly sweet vanilla and nutty rich hazelnut. I adore all three and I often experiment with flavors, depending on the type of coffee I’m drinking.
Back to these delicious donuts- they really could not be easier to whip up. Donuts are actually one of my favorite things to bake. I’ve truly found a base recipe that has a fabulous taste and texture and so now I just have fun playing with different ingredients and developing new varieties.
These donuts are wonderful even without the date glaze, but the date glaze is really easy to make and you can be working on it while your donuts are baking. You’ll enjoy the glaze on the donuts and spread on everything else from crackers to toast to apple slices. So scrumptious!
Do me and yourself a favor and get these caramel apple donuts baking as fast as you can. I can’t wait for you to try them. You’re going to be head-over-heels in love! They’re:
soft and pillowy
and have only 102 calories in each one!
Baked Caramel Apple Donuts
For the donuts:
- ½ cup coconut sugar*
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil**
- ½ cup Silk® Caramel Almond Creamer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the optional date glaze:
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray, even if it's a nonstick pan.
- Stir all wet ingredients (sugar, egg, applesauce, oil, creamer and vanilla) in a large mixing bowl. Add dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon) and mix mix until completely incorporated.
- Spoon batter evenly into donut pan or transfer batter to a baggie with one corner cut off, to allow for squeezing the batter out of the baggie and into the shape of a donut on the donut pan. You will have enough batter for 11 donuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, prepare ingredients for glaze.
- For the glaze, combine dates, boiling water, coconut oil and salt in a small bowl and allow to sit for about 15 mins. Use a blender or food processor to puree mixture until smooth.
- When donuts have cooled for approximately 10 minutes, transfer them to wire cooling rack. (Use a butter knife to separate the donut from the pan.) Spread glaze over each donut and enjoy. Alternatively, dust with powdered sugar.
**Substitute with melted butter or coconut oil, if preferred
***Whole grain pastry, spelt or all-purpose flour can be substituted.
Nutritional info below calculated with glaze. Without glaze (per donut): 102 calories, 2.4g fat, .4g sat fat, 16.9mg cholesterol, 140.1mg sodium, 18.7 carbohydrates, 1.5g fiber, 10.3g sugar, 2.3g protein
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Are you falling in love with these baked caramel apple donuts? You so need to check out my other favorite donut recipes too!
Clean Eating Banana Bread Donuts
Something to think about….
Have you tried baking donuts? Donut pans are super affordable, give it a try!
Have you tried Silk Almond Creamer?
You can find Silk Almond Creamer, conveniently located at Walmart. It’s located near the milk with other creamer products.
I’m a huge fan of baked doughnuts, and these caramel apple doughnuts sound amazing! And that date glaze…I’ll take extra glaze on mine, please! #client
I discovered Silk creamer at some point last year and OMG it’s so good. Seriously, I’ve been obsessed with it. I put it in my coffee, my muffins and pancakes. It gives everything such a creamy flavor.
Definitely! Loving it too!