Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies + Friday Favorites
Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies…. only five ingredients to complete and total awesomeness!
It’s Friday and not that I’m counting or anything, but that means after today, I only have 4 more days of work until summer vacation! I think that calls for a celebration…. what about you guys? Cookies it is. One of my favorite ways to celebrate! And they’re fairly healthy, too, so it’s all good. 😉
These Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies are the perfect cookie. They only have 5 ingredients, you mix all of the ingredients in one bowl, they’re quick and oh so tasty. What more could you ask for in a cookie? My favorite type of cookies are soft and chewy and these are spot on. Scroll down for the easy peasy recipe and enjoy some of my favorites on the way down. *The almond butter I used for this recipe was freshly ground and still warm, so it melted the chocolate chips. If you want your cookies chocolatey like mine, just melt them in the microwave for about 30 seconds before combining them with the almond butter.
Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond butter, I used homemade raw almond butter with cinnamon mixed in, use any nut butter you desire
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, I use Enjoy Life Brand
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with a natural cooking spray or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg and salt together, until egg is frothy.
- Add almond butter, sugar and chocolate chips to egg; stir to combine.
- Spoon out 1 tablespoon of dough to make 20 cookies, place 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Gently press the top of each cookie with a fork, twice to form a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, and until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes on baking sheet before serving.
Something to think about….
Anyone in your family graduating from high school or college this year?
Have you tried Trader Joe’s peach salsa? I’ll probably be making a trip to Trader Joe’s this weekend; anything I need to make sure and pick up?
What are your favorite brand of workout pants?
Have a fun Friday and a magnificent weekend! Oh and be sure to enter the giveaway below. Your odds look really good right now. 😉