These flourless gingerbread waffles or pancakes are like your favorite Christmas cookies, but in breakfast form. (#YAY) They’re sweetened with molasses, generously spiced with ginger and cinnamon, oil and refined sugar-free and naturally gluten-free dairy-free.
In our house, waffles or pancakes, along with pizza, are the favorite food of my kiddos. If I mention waffles or pancakes, they launch themselves off the floor in a jump of happiness and excitement and yell, “Yay! Pancakes!”
And these gingerbread waffles or pancakes are difficult not to love. I’ve already made them twice this month. I store leftovers in the fridge for a quick snack with a little almond butter slathered over the top. The perfect healthier treat to enjoy this time of year!
Not only are these waffles and pancakes deliciously flavored, they’re so easy to whip up. Simply mix up all of the ingredients in a blender and then pour the batter on a griddle or in a waffle iron. Fabulous for the lazy girl… or just really efficient!
They are the perfect warm, comforting start to any chilly winter morning, and they’d be a great brunch or breakfast-in-bed treat, or a fabulous Christmas morning meal.
These comforting and flavorful flourless gingerbread waffles or pancakes will likely become a yearly holiday tradition! Give them a try! They’re:
Cozy and comforting
And so scrumptious!
If you try these flourless gingerbread waffles or pancakes a try, let me know what you think. Leave a comment, shoutout on social media or my favorite – tag a picture #kimscravings on Instagram so I can see.
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk or other nondairy milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free, as needed)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground clove
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- For pancakes, heat a large skillet or griddle that has been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray or greased with coconut oil over medium heat.
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Allow to sit for a minute.
- Pour about ¼ cup batter onto the griddle; cook for 2-3 minutes and until bubbles are popping over the top of the pancakes. Flip and cook for about 1-2 minutes more. Continue with remaining batter.
- To make into waffles, simple pour batter into heated and greased waffle maker and cook according to waffle machine instructions. Recipe will make approximately 4 large belgian waffles (using a ¾ cup measuring cup).
- Serve with favorite toppings and enjoy!
MORE CHRISTMAS MORNING FAVORITES
Something to think about….
Do you have a favorite Christmas morning breakfast? Have you ever tried gingerbread flavored pancakes or waffles? So good!
Shop the post!