Matcha Collagen Overnight Oats
Got 5 minutes? Prep Matcha Collagen Overnight Oats before heading off to bed – the next morning enjoy a breakfast packed with fiber, antioxidants, and delicious flavor!
This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins. All opinions expressed, as always, are my own.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, a big bowl of overnight oats is one of my favorite ways to start the day! Overnight oatmeal is a great healthy breakfast option that can be prepared ahead of time and last the entire week. There are several top overnight oat recipes that I make on repeat, like the Cold Brew Coffee Overnight Protein Oats and Peanut Butter Cookie Overnight Oats. I also really have fun changing it up and trying new flavors and add-ins too!
The taste, texture and deliciousness were all perfect! Plus, there are all of those awesome health benefits from Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen! So, what is Matcha Collagen and why is it so flippin awesome in overnight oats?
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MATCHA COLLAGEN GREEN TEA POWDER
Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen combines all the health-boosting components of matcha green tea with the numerous health benefits of collagen protein. Matcha is known throughout the world for its contributions to vibrant health, while collagen — the building block of the body’s connective tissues — promotes health and longevity.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Matcha green tea is packed with antioxidants, which can help fight free radicals in the body and promote long-term health.
- Promotes Bone, Joint, and Skin Health: Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and is responsible for the maintenance of healthy connective tissues, such as bones, joints, skin, hair, and nails.
EASY WAYS TO INCORPORATE MATCHA COLLAGEN INTO YOUR DIET
- Easy to Use: No strainer necessary. Simply combine your Matcha Collagen with a glass of water, and stir.
- Two Delicious Flavors: Enjoy your Matcha Collagen in its Original Matcha flavor, or opt for a dash of organic fruit with Vital Proteins Peach flavor.
- To make a traditional matcha tea, combine your Matcha Collagen with hot water and stir until fully mixed.
- Add to coconut milk, almond milk, cashew milk, or any other milk of your choice for a delicious and creamy matcha drink.
- Add to matcha-infused desserts, pastries, and baked goods.
Have you tried Matcha Collagen?
Looking for additional ways to use Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen? Try these favorites!
Prep these yummy overnight oats before heading off to bed - the next morning enjoy a breakfast packed with fiber, antioxidants, and delicious flavor!
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt or you can use a mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla cashew milk)
- optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and/or cinnamon
- optional: 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice (honey or maple syrup or a couple of stevia packets)
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- unsweetened flaked coconut
- fresh fruit
- nut butter
- Add yogurt (or banana), chia seeds, Matcha Collagen, milk and any optional add-ins to a blender and blend (or stir in a medium mixing bowl).
Stir in oats (don't blend). Divide into two glass jars or bowls that can be covered. Store covered in the fridge for about 6 hours or overnight. If your overnight oats are too thick in the morning, add a splash more of milk and top with any optional toppings desired.
MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE: Use certified gluten-free oats.
MAKE IT VEGAN: Leave out the Matcha Collagen and use 1-2 teaspoons matcha powder instead. Choose dairy-free milk. If adding additional sweetener, use maple syrup or stevia instead of honey.
WARM IT UP: Overnight oats are typically served chilled. However, if you prefer warm oats, you can heat them in the microwave. Add about 1/4 cup milk, in the morning, and use a microwave-safe jar and stir frequently while you’re warming them up.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Stats were calculated using Kroger Carbmaster Key Lime yogurt and no optional add-ins or toppings were included.