Hello, friends! My January 2017 Stitch Fix shipment arrived just as I was heading out the door to finish up my Christmas shopping. I still get so excited every time that box arrives and I’m always up for spoiling myself, but Christmas pretty much wiped my budget out. And after a whirlwind family vacation to New York City, Thanksgiving week, I just could not stomach buying even more fancy things for myself. Even though I received some really cute pieces, I ended up only keeping one item.
Before we jump into my latest Stitch Fix goodies, let me give you a rundown of how Stitch Fix works, for all of the virgins out there (it’s okay, your secret’s safe with me).
1. You start by filling out your style profile – you will complete all sorts of questions on sizing, pricing, preferences, colors, etc. You can also write notes about likes/dislikes. Make sure to link your fashion board on Pinterest, so your stylist can see what you like!2. Order your first fix! Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee, however, if you keep any item [one or more] you will be credited back the $20. Because of this I always recommend keeping at least one item or you are essentially giving away $20 for nothing in return. You will receive 5 items [made up of clothing, jewelry, and handbags, whatever you prefer]. You can also let your stylist know if you only want clothing in your fix. I did this for awhile, but recently I updated my options to receive handbags.
3. Decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back [in a postage paid envelope]! You have 3 business days to do so – use this time to try everything on, see what you have in your closet that pairs well with it and don’t be afraid to say yes to something that you wouldn’t normally. That’s what makes Stitch Fix so fun! If you keep all 5 items you will receive 25% off your entire fix – yes, please!
It should be noted that while I have chosen to receive monthly fixes, this is in no way a subscription service and you are able to decide when you want another fix, whether that be in 6 months or 2 years from your first fix! As always, if you ever have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Okay now seriously, here we go! Remember – If you see anything that you like below, feel free to pin away and/or ask your stylist in the notes section of your next fix for something similar! That’s what I do to get the best fix possible!
Phoebee Perforated Front Pullover by Evolution by Cyrus | XS | 68.00 | Sent Back
I really like the looks of this sweater (similar by Madewell and 25% off!) that can be worn casual or dressed up and it’s so soft. Since I kept a very similar sweater in October, I decided this one must go back. Shucks!
I did splurge on the Jackie Button Frye boots (30% off!) recently. I had them in brown and absolutely love them… when they went on sale in black, they were mine! Oh and I also splurged on my latest Rocksbox shipment. Loving this Beth Pendant Necklace by Kendra Scott. It’s adjustable! In fact, I love it so much I bought one for a friend this past Christmas.
If you’re not familiar with Rocksbox, it’s similar to Stitch Fix where you receive a shipment of items. Here are a few more details for those of you interested:
- Rocksbox is a premium jewelry subscription that carries popular brands, like Gorjana and Kendra Scott.
- You have the opportunity to complete a style profile and also add available items to a personal wish list. You will then be sent 3 jewelry pieces by your stylist.
- You get to try one month completely free with no commitment to continue. It’s a win-win! Sign up here and use the code KIMLBFF3.
- If you choose to continue after the FREE month, there will be a $19 monthly fee. You will get to keep and enjoy your jewelry pieces as long as you’d like on loan. You can get as many shipments as you’d like to try.
- Like with Stitch Fix, you can make special requests. Perfect if you have an event coming up or if you’ve been eyeing a particular Kendra Scott necklace.
- Of course, you can purchase any of the pieces you receive with a great discount off of the retail price.
- You will be provided a prepaid shipping label, and envelope so sending back your box is super simple.
- Don’t worry- each piece is sanitized and cleaned thoroughly before it is sent out. I’ve never been able to tell that a piece was not new.
- As an added bonus, there is a Shine Insider Reward Program that gives you $10 Shine Spend every month. You can use it that month to purchase your favorite piece. You can also earn Forever Spend by referring friends, which can be used immediately, or can be saved to use for a future purchases. Loving this service!
SHOP THIS LOOK
Chapleen Cargo Jacket by Tinsel | XS | 88.00 | Sent Back
Gosh dang it! Why did I send this cargo jacket back? Even though I have more jackets than I know what to do with, I’m kind of regretting sending this one back. If this shipment hadn’t been delivered so close to Christmas, I may have kept it. Maybe I should request it again. Thoughts?
I paired the Chapleen Cargo Jacket (similar and 45% off!) with a few of my recent Trunk Club treasures– the soft and cozy Madewell Slim Flannel, Wit and Wisdom Skinny Jeans and BP. Trapp Wedge Booties (60% off in select sizes!) This jacket would go well with any casual look. Another reason I want it back! 🙂
SHOP THIS LOOK
Clarice Printed Back Cardigan by Le Lis | XS | 54.00 | Sent Back
I was really on the fence with this printed back cardigan (similar). I can always use more cardigans. I’m constantly cold at work, so I can pretty much get away with wearing a thin cardigan anytime of the year.
The idea of a printed back was intriguing. But I just wasn’t feeling the pattern. It looked like an old lady’s print. 😉 Maybe it’s just me trying to deny I’m a grandma… I mean gigi.
SHOP THIS LOOK
Veanna Sweater by The Korner | XS | 98.00 | Sent Back
This was the one item in my box that was easy to send back. I think the price is much too high for this thin, boxy, not very flattering sweater. This Free People pullover sweater is somewhat similar and much cuter, in my opinion.
SHOP THIS LOOK
Sandra Abstract Print Infinity Scarf by Octavia | 34.00 | Kept
I couldn’t pass up this oh so comfy, cozy scarf (similar and on sale for only $10 bucks!). It is so soft and warm and it’s already came in handy on several super cold occasions.
SHOP THIS LOOK
January 2016 Stitch Fix – The Breakdown
White Sweater – 68.00
Cargo Jacket – 88.00
Cardigan – 54.00
Gray and White Sweater – 98.00
Scarf – 34.00
Subtotal – 342.00
Buy 5 discount (25%) – -85.50
Styling Fee Credit – -20.00
Total – 256.50
I only bought the scarf for 34.00 minus my styling fee credit of 20.00, I paid 14.00.
December 2016 Stitch Fix Giveaway
Now for the best part! I love Stitch Fix so much I want all of you fellow fashionistas to enjoy this awesome service too. Enter below for your chance to win $100 in Stitch Fix credit! Be sure to sign up for your own Fix, here!
Something to think about….
What do you think about my goodies, this month? If you see something you love, don’t hesitate to pin one or more of the items.
Have you tried Stitch Fix? If so, please share your thoughts.
Something else you fashionistas may be interested in checking out – Absolutely loving all of this fanciness that arrived in the December subscription box that POPSUGAR sent me to try! From makeup to hair products to chocolate chip cookie mix, these boxes are filled with such fun. Last month I even received a Kendra Scott bracelet in my box. Use my special code SHOP5 to get $5 off your first box. Learn more here!
I’m linking up with Maria from Crazy Together, along with other bloggers to share our January 2017 Stitch Fix goodies! Head over to read other reviews and get even more ideas for your Pinterest boards!
Many links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy, painless way to help out your favorite bloggers… and help me pay my grocery bill! ???? Thank you so much for your support!