Grilled Corn Summer Salad
Thank you Village Harvest for sponsoring this post. Every day Village Harvest is planting seeds of change and growing possibilities, one bag of goodness at a time.
If you’re looking for a fresh side dish for your next barbecue, look no further! This Grilled Corn Summer Salad is crisp, flavorful, loaded with veggie goodness and topped with a tasty cilantro lime vinaigrette.
It’s grilling season and I’ve gotten quite addicted to enjoying grilled corn with every meal. If you’ve never tried grilled corn, you’re seriously missing out. A little intimidated? No need – follow me. I’ll show you how.
It’s simple to make – just grill the corn and zucchini and blend the vinaigrette – and requires just about 35 minutes from start to finish.
Village Harvest Organic Protein Blend, that includes rice, lentils and quinoa is a great add-in option for extra protein and fiber to take this from side dish to entrée with virtually no extra time and little effort. Just cook up the protein blend on the stove while your corn is grilling.
Village Harvest Organic Benefit Blends are nutritious, gluten-free and absolutely wonderful! I went with the protein blend, but Village Harvest also offers two other varieties – Organic Antioxidant Blend and Organic Ancient Grain Blend. Hop on over to the NEW Village Harvest Online Shop and grab your own blend. You can also fill out this request form to see the blends become available in your favorite store.
Not only is Village Harvest better-for-you, it defines social sustainability to not only mean caring for our planet, but also the workers that help to bring whole, healthy grains to your door. And listen to this – Village Harvest has pledged 1% of their profits to run programs that give back to the farmers and local communities from which they source their products. Pretty awesome, huh?!
If I could bottle up a bunch of summer flavors and put them into one dish, this would be it! Even the dressing is so amazing. Bold, flavorful, with a tangy zip that brightens the whole dish taking it to the next level of deliciousness.
You won’t need all of it for this recipe, but be sure to make the full amount. You’ll want to put it on everything!!
I hope you all LOVE this salad. It’s:
Easy to make
Light + fresh
Summer perfection in a bowl
This is the perfect side dish for barbecues and dinner parties, especially in the summertime. Bring your veggies and grill them on the spot to wow your friends. They’ll be so impressed with your grilling/salad/delicious dressing skills.
If you give this recipe a try, let us know how it goes! Leave a comment and tag a picture #kimscravings on Instagram! We’d love to see your salad in action. Enjoy, guys!
Grilled Corn Summer Salad
- 4 ears unhusked corn cobs
- 2-3 medium zucchinis
- 1 cup cooked and cooled Village Harvest Organic Protein Blend
- Optional for serving:
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled Mexican queso or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup lime juice, (~2 juicy limes)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey, maple syrup or sugar
- 1/2 cup oil, olive or avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, stems removed
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Slice zucchini thinly lengthwise, brush lightly with avocado or grape seed oil (or another high-heat oil), and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To grill corn, place unhusked corn cobs directly on the hot grill for about 7-8 minutes and close the lid. Rotate/flip at the halfway point to ensure even cooking. Then carefully remove husk and place back on grill until golden brown on all sides - about 5-8 minutes more. Once cooked, all sides of the corn should be a deep golden brown color.
- When the corn is almost ready, add zucchini to the grill and grill on each side for about 2-4 minutes, depending on how hot the grill is. You want grill marks, but you don't want the zucchini to get too soft. Set aside.
- Cut corn off cob and coarsely chop zucchini. Then add to a serving bowl.
- For the vinaigrette, blend lime juice, rice vinegar, garlic, salt and sugar source in a food processor or blender. Slowly add oil in a steady stream as blender is running. Add cilantro until blended well. Pour about 1/2 the vinaigrette over the salad, and stir gently to coat. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Want more summer salad recipes? You”ll love some of my other favorites!
Something to think about….
Have you tried any of the Village Harvest Organic Benefit Blends? What’s your favorite summer salad ingredients?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.