Wholesome Sheet Pan Jambalaya
This Wholesome Sheet Pan Jambalaya is a major crowd-pleaser, uses only one pan and is totally mess-free. That’s right. ONE PAN!
Sheet pan meals have become a big thing around our house, recently. They are such a
lifesaver when I don’t have a ton of time to prep. They can be made ahead of time for a quick
lunch and they’re great for busy weeknight dinners too. Clean up is a breeze and you can
use any combination of protein, carb and veggies you like or have on hand.
This Wholesome Sheet Pan Jambalaya is an amazing meal that uses some of my family’s
favorite ingredients. My older daughter and son love anything with shrimp and this dish is a
great way to sneak in more veggies for them at the same time!
Everything cooks together on one pan and the whole meal only takes a total of 30 mins from
start to finish. Now that’s something I can get down with! There is no need to boil water for
rice and then sit and wait. With Minute® Ready to Serve Organic White Rice I just pop two
rice cups in the microwave while everything else cooks in the oven and then along with the
tomatoes, stir it in for the last 2 minutes of oven time.
Minute Ready to Serve Organic White Rice is long grain white rice, and is also gluten-free
and can be used as a simple side dish or as an ingredient in a salad, soup, casserole or
yummy meal like this one.
One bite in and I knew I hit the jackpot with this one. If you’ve been in search of a super
easy, but equally tasty sheet pan recipe, this is the one for you! I’m so excited to share this
with you guys I can hardly stand it. Let’s do this!
Everything cooks up on the sheet pan while soaking in that classic Cajun flavor. The shrimp
cooks up perfectly and the chicken sausage stays nice and juicy while the bell peppers are
cooked tender. Could this recipe get any easier? I think not!
To start, you’ll cook the peppers, onion and chicken sausage. Meanwhile, you can be
prepping the shrimp. You’ll then add the shrimp to the mix to cook a little longer. Last step
is to add the Minute® Ready to Serve Organic White or Organic Brown Rice and tomatoes.
So stinkin’ easy!
I’m sure to always keep a couple packages of Minute® Ready to Serve Organic White or
Organic Brown Rice in the pantry for popping in my bag to take on the go or for whipping
up lunches and dinners speedy quick. I love that it can be used as a portable solution for
eating on the go, straight from the cup, but can also be added with other ingredients to
make meals fast and satisfying. In just 60 seconds, you have a fully cooked, perfect single
portion of rice for any meal or snack.
You’re going to love this dish! It’s
Loaded with Cajun flavor
Packed with protein
& Perfect for serving a crowd
After making this, I couldn’t stop taste testing! But when we reheated leftovers the next day, I swear it got better! I love it when that happens. Hope you enjoy this meal as much as my family does!
If you make this recipe, take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram! I love seeing what you fellow foodies cook up. Enjoy!
Wholesome Sheet Pan Jambalaya
- 2 medium bell peppers (I used a red and yellow), diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped and sliced
- 12 ounces chicken sausage, sliced into coins
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided (or another favorite seasoning, if you don't have)
- 16 ounces small or medium shrimp peeled and deveined OR just deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups Minute® Ready to Serve Organic White or Organic Brown Rice, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- Optional: fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cover a large sheet pan (or two smaller sheet pans) with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place peppers, onion and sausage on the sheet pan, spray with cooking spray and toss with 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning.
- Roast for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the shrimp and toss it in 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and paprika.
- Take the sheet pan from the oven and add the shrimp and tomatoes. Cook for another 6 minutes.
- Remove and add the rice and remaining teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Toss the mixture and place in the oven for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley. Taste and add salt & pepper only if needed. Enjoy!