Grilled Balsamic Salmon Kabobs
Let’s keep the summer grilling tradition going today with this simple, irresistibly tasty recipe for Grilled Balsamic Salmon Kabobs.
Kabobs or skewers are my very favorite way to grill. My husband thinks it’s a huge pain but there’s something therapeutic about threading veggies and meat onto sticks that I love and eating food off a stick is pretty cool, too. Ha! Even better – break out the wine and you can enjoy a sip after each skewer is complete!
Because you know, I can’t get enough of this Juliénas red wine. Juliénas is just one of the many Beaujolais wines. These French wines are versatile, fresh and easy to pair with a variety of foods. Seriously, my go-to wines for the summer! The Juliénas, Domaine Chignard, Beauvernay 2014 is deep ruby in color, and features generous notes of strawberry, violet, cinnamon, red currant and peach with hints of vanilla and spice as it ages. It pairs perfectly with Grilled Balsamic Salmon Kabobs and so many other foods too. The combo is crazy delicious and pretty much a match made in heaven.
Now let’s get out to the grill! Don’t forget the Juliénas!
It’s best to cut the salmon in relatively large chunks because the minute it hits the grill it’s going to cook super quickly. If you cut the fish too small, the veggies won’t have a chance to cook before the fish is overdone. If you have one of those pans that goes over the grill I suggest using that. You can even use foil.
As an added plus, the skewers can be made ahead of time. Plan to cook them at the very last minute…they won’t need longer than a few minutes on each side over a hot grill. The salmon cooks quickly and is so flavorful. Seriously, the best salmon I’ve had in a long time. Long live salmon kabobs!
I know you guys will love this recipe as much as I do! These salmon kabobs are:
Easy to make
And they’re packed with vibrant summer flavors!
Depending on my mood, I’ll serve the skewers on top of a salad, or a bed of rice, quinoa or couscous. If you give these a try, please let us know what you think. Leave a comment, below, and be sure to snap a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram, so we can all see the deliciousness. Enjoy!
Grilled Balsamic Salmon Kabobs
- 1 1/2 pounds wild king salmon, (or other favorite salmon variety)
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, large dice
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Chop salmon into 1 1/2″ cubes, removing skin and pin-bones if necessary. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the salmon and toss. Then, add the red pepper and pineapple and toss well so everything is covered with the marinade. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Heat up your grill and rub oil on the grates so the kabobs don’t stick. Or better yet, cook the kabobs over foil or grill pan, on the grill. After salmon, pepper and pineapple have finished marinating, remove from fridge and place on kabob sticks.
- Grill kabobs for about five to eight minutes, until salmon is just done. Be careful, it’s easy to overcook the fish. Stay close to the grill to make sure your salmon doesn’t dry out — it doesn’t take long!
- Serve kabobs with couscous, quinoa or rice for an easy and delicious summer dinner!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
If you liked these Grilled Balsamic Salmon Kabobs, you might like this too:
Seared Salmon With Watermelon Tomato Avocado Salsa
Blackened Salmon With Strawberry Avocado Salsa
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried Beaujolais wines? What’s your favorite thing to grill in the summer?
Be sure to enter the giveaway, below, for your chance to win a wine picnic set valued at $119.
This post was sponsored by Honest Cooking on behalf of Beaujolais. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Glad I stopped in! This recipe sound delish! 🙂
This looks like such a healthy, flavorful meal!
I’m laughing because my husband thinks kabobs are a waste too and I also love to use skewers! I have not tried this wine but always game for a new wine!
I love kabobs too and I bet that wine was a great pair up!
I would not have thought to use salmon for kabobs before. This recipe I am going to have to try for sure. We love fish in my family.
It’s a great way to change up the typical salmon dish! Hope your family loves it as much as mine does!
I’ve never thought of making salmon kebabs. So smart. I’m definitely going to try it one day.
You should definitely give it a try. It’s such an easy and quick recipe!
This is a meal after my own heart! Yummy this looks so good!
Thanks so much!!
Salmon Kabobs? I’ll definitely try it, since it looks super delicious. Thank you for sharing it!
Let me know what you think!!
Salmon Kabobs, next on my menu. I love kabobs.
We do too! Enjoy!
I would love to win the picnic set for my family! Those kabobs look and sound absolutely amazing!
Thanks so much and good luck!
I love kabobs! I’ve never thought of doing it with Salmon though, what a great idea! YUMMM!
Thanks, Juli! I’m always down for an easy and quick way to cook my favorite fish!