Gingerbread Microwave Mug Cake
Gingerbread Microwave Mug Cake- cakey, soft, full of comforting flavours, and the only things standing between you and this vegan cake are 8 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time. It’s that simple!
Two exciting things to share with you today! First things first, Almond Breeze has Almondmilk Cashewmilk. I absolutely love Almondmilk Cashewmilk and have been waiting patiently for my favorite non-dairy milk company to come out with their own version of the creamy dreamy non-dairy Almondmilk Cashewmilk. My second piece of delicious news- I created a damn good Gingerbread Microwave Mug Cake, just in time for cozy evenings snuggled in front of the Christmas tree!
Seriously. If you’ve got a sweet tooth attack and five minutes, this holiday mug cake is your best friend. And you don’t have to be a vegan to enjoy this festive Gingerbread Microwave Mug Cake.
Trust me – it’s plenty moist, decadent and just plain delicious without the egg, cow’s milk or butter. (Kind of perfect for when you’re short on groceries, too!) Just be sure you’re stocked up on the new delightful Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend.
Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend is combines the goodness of almonds with the creaminess of cashews. Whether I’m enjoying coffee, oatmeal, pancakes or this here yummy mug cake, Almondmilk Cashewmilk is my jam! My preference is the unsweetened vanilla version- it’s only 25 calories per 8 oz. serving, lactose free, soy free and enriched with calcium.
So good and definitely fulfills my sweet cravings! This mug cake is
sweet tooth bliss
and quite simply the BEST gingerbread mug cake you’re sure to try!
The cinnamon-sugar topping is nonnegotiable! Just do it- I promise, you won’t regret it.
Gingerbread Microwave Mug Cake
- ¼ cup flour, all purpose, whole wheat, whole wheat pastry or spelt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoon Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend + 1 tablespoon more, as needed
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, coconut sugar or 1/2 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend work great
- ¼ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- dash of ginger
- Spray a microwavable mug with cooking spray and then mix together flour (or pancake mix), baking powder, ginger, milk, molasses and coconut oil inside. Add 1 tablespoon more milk, if needed for desired consistency. You want the batter to stay thick, but not dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon and a few dashes of ginger and sprinkle over the top of the mixture in mug. Use the tip of a sharp knife to swirl cinnamon mix into the top of the batter.
- Microwave on high for about 1 minute and 5 seconds. Take out of the microwave and if desired transfer muffin to a plate. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Enjoy a few other favorite mug cakes!
Cinnamon Roll Microwave Mug Cake
Chocolate Banana Protein Mug Cake
Pumpkin Spice Microwave Mug Cake
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried making a mug cake? Tell me what kind you made and did you have any luck? This one is absolutely delicious… do give it a try!
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Kitchen Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious Blendabilities at AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com.
I made a gingerbread mug cake last week too! I love your version! yum!
Great mind think alike! 🙂