This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareTheHoliday #CollectiveBias
Packed with a lovely almond flavor and dusted with powdered sugar, delicate Almond Snowball Cookies are a family favorite Christmas cookie and perfect for holiday gift-giving.
Giving gifts straight from your kitchen… and heart is way more special than battling the crowds at the mall and trying to decide between a bottle of lotion or candle. Tender, crumbly, almond-filled snowball cookies are sure to make your friends, neighbors and teachers smile. The only challenge is to keep yourself and your family from gobbling them up straight out of the oven!
Rubbermaid TakeAlongs are the perfect containers for delivering sweet treats. They are convenient, inexpensive and come in a variety of sizes, shapes and festive colors. I found my containers while shopping for holiday baking ingredients at Walmart. The seasonal colors and prints were located at the end of the aisle.
Snowball Almond Cookies require very few ingredients, are really simple and this recipe makes a huge amount. You’ll have plenty to give away… and a few to keep! Start by creaming butter and powdered sugar. Then combine the the vanilla extract, almond extract, flour, salt and almonds.
Next roll small balls of dough and bake on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Once your baked cookies have cooled slightly, roll them in powdered sugar. When they have cooled completely roll them again in powdered sugar and then enjoy. Melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
The best holiday gifts are handmade and these almond snowball cookies are truly crave-worthy. They’re so pretty too- perfectly festive nutty clouds of confectioners’ sugar packaged in a Rubbermaid TakeAlong for easy gifting throughout the holiday season.
Rubbermaid TakeAlongs feature Quik Clik Seal™ technology which will keep your cookies nice and secure, ideal for transporting any type of food, even liquids. The soft, flexible, lid grips the container tightly for a great seal, while featuring an easy to grab and open pull tab. They’re also microwave, freezer, and dishwasher safe.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (can use Earth Balance for vegan)
- ½ cup powdered sugar + more for rolling cookies
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (can use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (not needed, if your butter is salted)
- 1 cup finely chopped or ground almonds (or pecans)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Blend in flour, salt and nuts until dough holds together.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on baking sheets that are lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 15 minutes and until set, but not brown.
- Cool slightly; roll in powdered sugar.
- Cool completely; roll again in powdered sugar.
Enjoy a few other holiday treats, perfect for gift-giving!
Something to think about….
Do you gift homemade treats to friends and other special people? Have you used Rubbermaid TakeAlongs for transporting your homemade gifts?
Be sure to take advantage of the Ibotta $1 off of any two Rubbermaid TakeAlong Products rebate offer, exclusive to Walmart shoppers.