The BEST old fashioned chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies that your family and friends won’t be able to stop eating. Consider this a warning, folks… you can’t have just one of these chocolatey, peanut buttery mounds of deliciousness!
My grandma seriously made the BEST old fashioned chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies. As simple as these are, they are one of my favorites to enjoy around the holidays.
These classic no bake cookies are perfect for those times when you’re craving a sweet treat, but don’t want to take the time to make a full batch of regular cookies. You honestly only need several minutes to whip them up!
Irresistible and as easy as they sound, I love letting my kids help with this one. These are a great starter cookie when those little hands are begging to help.
Seriously, guys, if you’ve never experienced the goodness of the chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies, you seriously MUST give these a try. I guarantee this is a recipe that you’ll want to stash away and use time and time again. And if you’re anything like me, you love having quick, simple recipes on hand to whip up in a moment’s notice.
I personally prefer these cookies a little on the drier side, so I leave them out on the wax paper for an extra long time before storing them in a container or Christmas tin. Whatever you do, don’t put them in the fridge. It will totally change the texture of the cookie and make it much more sticky and gooey. I speak from past experience.
This was one of my favorite cookies growing up and I would have to say it’s still on my top 10 list of favorite cookies. I used my grandma’s no bake cookie recipe, but after a search of other no bake cookies; this recipe is pretty common. It’s a good one, though!! Hope you get a chance to give it a try!
Such an easy and absolutely scrumptious no bake cookie recipe!
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup milk (I used almond milk.)
- pinch of salt (if your butter is salted, you won't need this)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)*
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats (gluten-free, if needed)**
- Mix sugar, cocoa powder, butter, and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow mixture to come to a boil for 1 minute. Once boiling, stir continuously.
- Take mixture off heat and add vanilla, salt, peanut butter, and oats. Mix well and drop by spoonfulls on wax paper. Let cool.
- I like my no bake cookies somewhat dry (not gooey), so I leave them out on wax paper for quite a while. If you like yours dry, don't store in the fridge. I store mine in a tin container for about a week. Don't worry they won't last a week.
*Using a natural peanut butter may change the consistency of the cookie. I used JIF.
**Quick-cooking oats give the cookies the best texture. Regular oats work fine, though.
Check out a few of my other favorite holiday cookies!
Something to think about….
Have you ever made no bake cookies similar to these? Don’t you love them?!?!