Ghoulish Graveyard Chocolate Pudding Pie
This Ghoulish Graveyard Chocolate Pudding Pie is the perfect sweet treat for your little monsters, this Halloween. It may look a little frightful, but the taste of this chocolatey pudding pie is anything but scary!
The Halloween tradition, in my family, is to have a special dessert before heading out to trick-or-treat. I know… I know, but it’s one night a year; so we might as well do it up right with plenty of treats and hopefully no tricks. Take my word for it- there’s nothing tricky about this graveyard pudding pie. It’s so simple to create, there’s no baking involved and you’ll get plenty of hugs and kisses from your kiddos! Totally, worth it!
I used very few ingredients to create this graveyard greatness. To make my chocolate pudding, I replaced the regular milk for TruMoo Chocolate Milk for extra chocolate yumminess. We’re huge TruMoo fans, over here at the Lee household, because TruMoo tastes delicious and comes fresh from the dairy with no added artificial growth hormones or high fructose corn syrup. In addition, one 8-ounce serving of TruMoo provides as much calcium as 5 cups of broccoli and as much potassium as a small banana. TruMoo is definitely a nutritiously delicious win-win for moms and kids!
- 18 Chocolate Creme-filled Cookies
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted (melted butter will also work)
- 1 5.1 oz. chocolate instant pudding mix. (I used the sugar-free, fat-free variety.)
- 2 1/2 cups TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- Whipped cream topping
- 6-8 Chocolate Creme-filled Cookies crushed (I ground them in the food processor.)
- Milano cookies for tombstones
- Decorating gel for writing on cookies
- Halloween sprinkles
- Gummy worms
- Edible decorating pumpkins
- Add cookies and coconut oil to the bowl of a food processor and grind until cookies are completely crumbled. Press this mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and refrigerate for at least an hour and until crust is hardened.
- After the crust has hardened, make the pie filling by combining pudding powder with 2 1/2 cups TruMoo Chocolate Milk. Beat this mixture with a whisk or fork for 2 minutes. Pudding will be soft-set in 5 minutes. Pour at once into crust. Refrigerate for one hour or until set.
- Once pudding is set, spread whipped cream topping over the top of the pudding. Top whipped cream topping with cookie crumbs. Add decorations.
- Store pie in the fridge until you're ready to serve. Enjoy!
Something to think about….
Have you tried TruMoo? Madelyn, especially, can’t get enough! If you’re like my family and can’t get enough of TruMoo; follow TruMoo on Pinterest for more delicious recipes and enter the Facebook contest for a chance to win weekly cash prizes through October 31! You can also enter the TruMoo Sweepstakes for a chance to win a family trip for four!
Do you have any Halloween traditions? Do share!
What was your favorite Halloween costume, when you were little? My mom always did such a great job putting together my costumes. I actually won best costume at our school carnival, as a sunflower. My gypsy and witch costumes were favorites too! I was a pretty mean looking witch, huh? And the bunny is my sister. 🙂
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.