Creamy Poblano Bolognese
In this Creamy Poblano Bolognese we’re amping up the classic Italian Bolognese with one of my favorite ingredients- the poblano pepper. This faintly spicy Mexican pepper adds the perfect kick to a comforting pasta classic.
Oh this pasta, guys… I cannot get over the deliciousness! Fast, flavorful, fresh with the perfect amount of kick delivered straight to your door from HelloFresh.
HelloFresh healthy meal delivery service is the most perfect service for us busy working moms- a simple way to get a healthy meal on the table in a short amount of time. This Creamy Poblano Bolognese was on the table in less than 30 minutes and Landen gobbled it up!
HelloFresh is one of the largest online ‘meals-at-home’ food delivery services, helping families enjoy nutritious home-cooked meals without the hassle of planning, shopping and prep. Meals are conveniently delivered straight to the front door. All ingredients inside the HelloFresh box are pre-measured, labeled and come complete with easy to follow recipe cards.
I received three different tasty meals- this Creamy Poblano Bolognese, Seared Cod with Mediterranean Bean & Tomato Salad and Parmesan-Crusted Chicken with Balsamic Potato Salad and Garlic-Roasted Tomatoes. All meals were so satisfying and easy to prepare. Brad went crazy for the Parmesan-Crusted Chicken and said it was some of the best chicken he’s eaten. Needless to say, I didn’t get to enjoy much of that meal. 😉 When delivered, each of the meals are organized separately to keep the food prep and cooking easy peasy.
I actually had some great photos of the ingredients and how they were labeled and boxed, but unfortunately my camera malfunctioned and all of those photos were lost. Just hop on over to the HelloFresh website and take a look at the deliciousness that you can have sitting at your door after a long day at work. Annnnnnd for a limited time enter code Kim35 to receive $35 off of your first delivery. That’s a whopping savings and so worth it too!
With HelloFresh, you’ll see that cooking up healthy flavorful meals doesn’t have to be complicated. HelloFresh recipes are nutritionally balanced to include a protein, fresh vegetables, and a starch. Every box comes with a complete nutritional profile and the approval of the in-house R.D., Rebecca Lewis. So, get out of the recipe rut and add some fresh variety to dinnertime.
I really hope you’ll take the plunge and give HelloFresh a try. You’ll thank yourself… and me. 🙂 HelloFresh healthy meal delivery service is perfect for:
When you need meal prep relief
People who love to eat fresh, yummy food
Those of you lacking inspiration in the kitchen
And anyone who strives to bring their family delicious, satisfying, home-cooked meals.
Creamy Poblano Bolognese
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 oz. fresh thyme
- 1 large poblano pepper
- 8 oz. organic lean ground beef, or turkey
- 14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz. linguine
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Prep the ingredients: Wash and dry all produce. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Halve, peel, and dice the onion. Peel and finely dice the carrot. Mince or grate the garlic. Strip the thyme leaves off the sprig. Core, seed, and thinly slice the poblano.
- Cook the beef: Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes, breaking up the meat into pieces, until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook the poblano: Add the poblano to the same pan over medium-high heat. Add another drizzle of olive oil, if necessary. Cook, tossing for 3-4 minutes or until slightly blistered. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside with the beef.
- Boil the pasta: Add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook for 9-11 minutes, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Make the sauce: While the pasta cooks, heat another drizzle of olive oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing for 5 minutes until softened. Add the beef, poblanos, and the diced tomatoes to the pan. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss and serve: Add the pasta to the sauce along with a splash of pasta water and the sour cream. Toss to combine, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the pasta with Parmesan on top and enjoy!
Something to think about….
Have you tried HelloFresh? Do you struggle with meal planning and cooking up healthy meals during the week?
You have nothing to lose- sign up at HelloFresh and use code Kim35 for $35 off your first order.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of HelloFresh. The opinions and text are all mine.