Chocolate Protein Waffles
These single-serving Chocolate Protein Waffles are packed with protein, and ready in 5 minutes so you can have healthy, gluten free waffles at a moment’s notice!
Happy late Mother’s Day! I hope all of you lovely mothers had a wonderful day yesterday and got to enjoy a breakfast just as delicious as Chocolate Protein Waffles. 🙂 I actually did eat these protein waffles yesterday and devoured every last crumb.
They’ve pretty much become a fixture in my morning routine. My first breakfast is a protein smoothie, I drink after my workout and on the thirty minute drive I have to work. I’ll share that soon too because it’s absolutely delish. And then a couple hours later, it’s waffle time! Does anyone else go through phases where they eat the same thing for breakfast every single day? Why fix what ain’t broken, right? I knew you’d understand.
Chocolate Protein Waffles
- ½ banana, mashed
- 1 scoop or packet chocolate protein powder*, use a gluten free variety as needed
- ¼ cup egg whites**
- 1-2 tablespoons water as needed to thin the batter, this may depend on the variety of protein powder you're using, start with 1 tablespoon and increase as necessary
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey, optional for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh fruit, optional for serving
- Mash banana with egg whites and stir in the protein powder. Add water as needed for desired consistency.
- Spray your waffle iron (top and bottom) with cooking spray and pour batter onto waffle iron. The batter is thick, so smooth it out over the waffle iron. Allow waffle to cook. I cook mine on the highest setting and a little longer from when the waffle iron goes off, so the waffles are a little crisper, otherwise these will be very soft waffles.
- Remove from heat and top with a drizzle of real maple syrup and fruit if desired.
**I use carton egg whites.
***These waffles will also cook up wonderfully as pancakes. Heat a greased skillet or griddle to medium low heat. Slowly and evenly pour the
batter into the pan to make several small pancakes. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on
one side. Once the underside of the pancake is golden brown, carefully flip and cook for another 3 minutes until both sides are golden brown and the pancake is cooked through.
****Nutritional info will vary depending on protein powder used. I calculated using Nuzest Clean Lean protein and 60 grams of banana with no additional toppings.
Check out a few of my other favorite waffle recipes!
Something to think about….
Did you have a great Mother’s Day?
Have you ever tried protein waffles or pancakes?