Chocolate Mocha Protein Shake
I have a new protein drink to share with you guys and I’m super excited about it because it involves coffee and I loooooove coffee. Introducing the latest greatest workout fuel I’ve been whipping up- it’s the Chocolate Mocha Protein Shake.
This Chocolate Mocha Protein Shake is very reminiscent of Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino and an absolute dream for all of you fellow coffee lovers. It will surely perk you up with healthy carbs, plenty of protein and just enough caffeine to elevate your workout and fuel your morning.
A combination of two a.m. obsessions—coffee and smoothies—into one drink? You guys are going to want a Chocolate Mocha Protein Shake every morning. It’s:
Bold & beautiful
A quick pick-me-up
And just slightly addicting! 🙂
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder My favorite is vegan chocolate Shakeology
- 1/2 cup chilled coffee*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk any milk will work
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 packet stevia sweetener optional
- 1 cup ice
- Blend all ingredients. Add more ice as desired. I like to blend well with about 1/2 cup of ice and then slowly blend with another 1/2 cup ice. This makes for a slushier shake. Enjoy!
*For a stronger coffee flavor, use 1 cup chilled coffee and omit the milk. I also like subbing cold-brew concentrate for the coffee. It has a smoother flavor. You can make your own or buy it at most grocery stores. Trader Joe's has a great option.
**For a creamier smoothie with a little more staying power, add a half to a whole ripe frozen banana.
Enjoy a few of my other favorite smoothie recipes!
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried mixing your cup of morning joe with your protein drink? It’s a fabulous combo!