Heart-Shaped Chocolate Chip Brownie Bars
I’ve got something EXTRA special for you today!! You guys are going to love this recipe…. I’ve loved it ever since I was a little girl. My mom has been making these Chocolate Chip Brownie Bars for years, but I have to say using Ghirardelli baking chips really took these brownie bars to a whole new level. Ghirardelli’s 60% Bittersweet Chocolate Cacao Baking Chips come in a larger size for more flavor impact and added the perfect amount of chocolate deliciousness to the brownie bars.
I had actually never used Ghirardelli Baking Chips before this review and I was so pleasantly surprised with the wonderful quality of chocolate. Ghirardelli’s Baking Chips deliver a rich yet balanced taste and are made with high quality ingredients. They’re super easy to find too; available at most grocery and club stores nationwide. Visit Ghirardelli’s website for lots of other great chocolate baking ideas!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- 1/2-1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips use desired amount for sprinkling over the top of brownie bars
- sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with an all natural cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Pour ingredients into baking dish and spread mixture with a spatula or the back of a large spoon. Sprinkle with desired amount of chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow bars to cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
These Heart-Shaped Chocolate Chip Brownie Bars are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat for your sweetie. Allow them to cool for about 15 minutes and then use a cookie cutter to make them into hearts. For an extra festive touch, sprinkle on Valentine’s inspired sprinkles.
Something to think about…..
Have you ever baked with any of Ghirardelli’s products? If so, what did you make?
Do you have any special Valentine’s plans? Valentine’s Day is hit or miss for Brad and I. If it’s convenient we go out or sometimes, I make a special meal at home. And, of course, there are always special treats involved. 😉
Have a spectacular Thursday!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.