Easy Cream Cheese Pie
What dessert dreams are made of- Easy Cream Cheese Pie topped with lightly tart cherries. No baking, only 6 ingredients (if using a prepared pie crust), about 8 minutes (hands-on time) and lots of kisses and hugs from your Valentine!
I couldn’t tell you the first time I devoured this pie. I’ve been enjoying it since I was old enough to eat pie. It’s a hand-me-down recipe from my sweet grandma… the best kind of recipes, if you ask me. And I’ve requested it for my birthday on more than one occasion.
It’s just an all around great pie- perfect for bringing to a potluck, serving after Easter lunch and beautiful enough to surprise your sweetie with on Valentine’s Day. I even made it, this year, on Christmas. Believe me, you won’t be trying to get rid of extra slices. This stuff goes quick.
Assembly could not be more simple-
- Make or buy crust. I love a good homemade graham cracker crust and this one is so easy, I recommend just making it yourself.
- Cream the 4 filling ingredients in a mixer.
- Pour filling into crust and chill for a few hours.
- Pour on cherry topping… or don’t. My mom and sister actually prefer to eat their cream cheese pie without any topping at all. Or keep things a little lighter and throw on some fresh berries.
- Enjoy and try not to eat the whole pie, like Landen and I did this weekend. You think I’m joking, but I’m totally not! :/
Another fun idea- skip the crust and cherry topping and create a dip instead of a pie. Genius!
Serving bowl, fluffy cream cheese filling, served with graham crackers, fruit and cookies. Watch out, you’re about to become very popular!
This pie is off-the-charts amazing. Hands down my favorite and Landen’s favorite pie. He’s already requesting this for his birthday dessert in June. 🙂 It’s
And easy as pie!
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs 10 full graham crackers
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup sugar I use slightly less than 1/4 cup.
- 1 8 ounce package Philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 14 ounce can Eagle Brand Fat Free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For the topping:
- 1 20 ounce can prepared lite cherry pie filling**
- Combine all crust ingredients and firmly press with fingers into a 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour before adding the filling.
Soften cream cheese to room temperature. Using a stand or hand-held mixer, whip until fluffy.
Gradually add sweetened condensed milk while continuing to beat until well blended. You may need to stop the mixer and scrape down sides and give the mixture a good stir with a spatula.
Add lemon juice and vanilla; blend well. Pour mixture into prepared pie crust and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before garnishing with cherry topping or other preferred topping, if using.
*Alternatively, use an already made store bought (9-inch) graham cracker crumb crust.
**For a healthier option, top with fresh fruit. Also, many members of my family prefer this pie with no topping at all.
***Nutritional info calculated without topping.