These Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins made with pancake mix were first published as Banana Chocolate Chip Power Cakes back in July. I remade them last weekend and could not get over how delicious these babies taste. I’m so glad that I took the time to take some updated photos of this scrumptiousness, so that I could reshare with you guys!
I’m going to be very honest and just tell it like it is… these chocolate chip banana pancake mix muffins are my very favorite muffins EVER! That’s right- they are incredibly moist, but contain no butter or oil; plus they have the most lovely banana flavor and the chocolate chips…nuff said. Even the pickiest kids in the world went crazy for these. You know the kids I’m talking about… MY kids.
Use any pancake mix you like best. I used Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes mix, to pack an extra protein punch. With the additional protein, these banana muffins work great as a pre or post-workout snack and, of course, I enjoy them for breakfast with scrambled eggs and fruit.
Pancakes and muffins are two favorite breakfast treats and with these muffins, you can have both! I dig these on their own, but because peanut butter, chocolate and banana is the BEST flavor combo ever, I also love these with a little peanut butter spread on.
- 2 cups pancake mix (I used Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes mix)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (the riper the banana, the sweeter the muffin)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (optional, but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line muffin cups with muffin liners and set aside. I prefer not using liners for this recipe.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and blend until smooth.
- Fill 12 muffin cups evenly. They will be close to full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 25 minutes and until tops are golden brown. I didn’t use muffin liners and removed my muffins immediately from the muffin pan (after cooked) to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Something to think about….
Have you tried making baked goods with a pancake mix?
What’s your favorite type of quick muffin?