Breakfast Hash with Sweet Potato, Brussels Sprouts, Apple and Fried Egg
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the happy egg co. for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Breakfast Hash with Sweet Potato, Brussels Sprouts, Apple and topped with a Fried Egg is the perfect addition to your brunch, but also works so well as breakfast for dinner!
I adore a good hash recipe and this one does not disappoint. It’s as flavorful and hearty as they come. Simple ingredients cooked in delicious ways – that’s what this breakfast hash is all about. It’s your new favorite breakfast, brunch, and dinner!
My go-to roasted vegetables are sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts. They get all tender and caramelized and sweet and I just can’t get enough.
This hash recipe is inspired by that vegetable combination, with the addition of my favorite Honeycrisp apple and a tasty free range egg (hooray!).
This recipe is simple, requiring 7 ingredients (not including salt & pepper). And it all happens quickly (about 35 minutes) since you prep your veggies while the bacon is cooking.
I often find that it’s usually those easy recipes, made with whole, unprocessed foods, that are the tastiest and most flavorful. Quality ingredients is where it’s at people!
My quality ingredients start with the happy egg co.. The happy egg co. is the gold standard in hen welfare – they are the first commercial free range egg producer in the U.S. to certified by the American Humane Association ™
The free range can definitely be overwhelming! But I can trust that with the happy egg co., I’m getting hormone free eggs produced by free to roam hens raised on family run free range farms. And just look at that gorgeous, vibrant, golden yolk!
This breakfast hash is my new favorite! Brad and I have even been enjoying brinner (breakfast for dinner) more often! It’s:
Savory – sweet
Loaded with veggie goodness
& Super satisfying
This would make the perfect lazy weekend breakfast or brunch. If you’re vegetarian, simply leave the bacon out. There’s plenty of yumminess going on, you won’t even miss it!
If you try this hash, let me know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Enjoy, friends!
Breakfast Hash With Sweet Potato, Brussels Sprouts, Apple and Fried Egg
- 3 slices uncured turkey bacon*
- 1 small diced onion, 73g
- 1 sweet potato, about 2 cups, 305g peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, stems removed and quartered
- 1 large diced Honeycrisp apple, 252g
- 4 large eggs, if serving 1 egg to each person
- salt + pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add bacon. Cook until desired doneness, then remove from pan to plate lined with a paper towel. When cooled slightly, dice bacon and set aside.
- Add onion and sweet potato to the skillet and toss to coat. Turkey bacon doesn't create much grease, so spray skillet with cooking spray or add olive or coconut oil as needed.
- Cover** and cook until sweet potato has softened, about 10 minutes, then stir in garlic, brussels sprouts and apple and cook for about 10-15 mins longer and until mixture is soft and caramely. Stir diced bacon into the mixture.
- In the meantime, poach or fry eggs, cooking until desired doneness. Serve immediately and enjoy!
**If using a skillet without a lid, use a baking sheet to cover skillet.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
CHECK OUT OTHER SIMILAR FAVORITES
Western-Style Breakfast Burritos
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Ham Frittata
Something to think about….
Have you tried the happy egg co.?? The happy egg co. is available nationwide with widespread distribution in Safeway, Albertson’s, Kroger, Sams and Walmart. To find your local retailer, use the happy egg co. store locator.
What’s your favorite breakfast for dinner?
How much is a serving?
I just updated the recipe card. It serves 4 people a serving of 1 egg plus 1-1/4 cups hash each.
Is the baccon diced and returned to the skillet along with all the other ingredients?
Yes, sorry about that. I have revised the recipe to make the instructions clear.
I’ve been aiming to get more veggies in during my breakfast time and this hash looks like the perfect way to add them! I also love sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts together, and mmmmm that drippy egg!
Me too! Hope you get a chance to give it a try!