This post is sponsored by alli®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Some of my very favorite meals are those with the simplest ingredients, easiest prep, and brightest flavors. Many times the easiest meals are simply the best. These Western-Style Breakfast Burritos are my newest creation to prove my point. So quick, so simple, and so delicious!
I’m always looking for tasty morning meals that are made in a flash, and cleaned up even faster!! If you’ve got a long day ahead of you, this substantial but easy-to-prepare meal is just the ticket to fuel the busiest of schedules.
Let’s get to it- we’ve got to get to school!
The cast of characters- bell pepper, onion, ham, a touch of butter, eggs, cheese, pepper, tortillas and salsa. No, don’t forget that salsa. 🙂
Prepare veggies and ham by giving it all a good chop.
Melt butter in your skillet over medium-low heat while you’re whisking the eggs with veggies and ham. Pour the mixture in the skillet and cook; stirring, until eggs are set.
Sprinkle eggs with cheese and season with pepper, divide eggs between four tortillas and add a drizzle of salsa. Don’t worry, you can always double this recipe to have burritos on-hand for a quick grab-n-go breakfast throughout the week. I wrap each leftover burrito in cling wrap and store them in the fridge.
Roll, burrito-style and enjoy! By-the-way, if you’re a “breakfast for dinner” person, like myself, these are a fabulous option.
- ½ medium green bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 oz. ham, lean, reduced sodium
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- dash black pepper
- 4 small whole wheat tortillas, about 70 calories each
- ¼ cup salsa
- Wash bell pepper and onion; peel onion. Chop bell pepper and onion finely. Chop ham. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
3. Whisk the eggs with the bell pepper, onion and ham. Pour the mixture into the skillet and cook, stirring, until eggs are set to desired firmness, about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and season with black pepper.
4. Dividing the egg mixture evenly, place it down the center of each tortilla; top each with 1 tablespoon of salsa.
5. Roll up each tortilla burrito style and serve with fresh fruit or berries, if desired.
More easy burrito ideas!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite quick and easy breakfast?
For more great recipes visit myalli.com.