BLT Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados
These BLT Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados are lunchtime gold! They are super easy to throw together, satisfying and pretty darn great for you too!
This post is sponsored by Silk®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This is definitely not just any chicken salad. A BLT chicken salad with bacon, chopped tomato, romaine and tons of flavor because it’s all shoved right here in an avocado. YES. Chicken salad just got so much better.
I like my chicken salad to be hearty and have lots of components. This one fits the bill, for sure, and it’s even better since we get additional creaminess from the avocado. It’s also made completely dairy free because I’m using my favorite Silk® Soy Plain Yogurt Alternative from Walmart, located near other yogurt and yogurt alternative products.
It’s so satisfying. Like so so SO satisfying.
Have you guys tried Silk Soy Plain Yogurt Alternative? I absolutely love it because the taste and texture is wonderful, plus it doesn’t give me a tummy ache like when I eat dairy products. I’m also pretty stoked with the stats below!
- Has 11 grams of plant-powered protein
- Contains live and active cultures
- Free of cholesterol, dairy, lactose, gluten, carrageenan and casein
- No artificial colors, flavors or funny business
- Excellent source of Calcium and Vitamin D
- Low in saturated fat
- Verified by the Non-GMO Project’s product verification program
- No high-fructose corn syrup
I found it at Walmart along with everything else needed for this recipe. Super convenient shopping at Walmart, where I know they’ll have exactly what I’m looking for every time. Learn more about Silk at Walmart and get recipe ideas here!
Perfect for a picnic in your kitchen or your yard! I’m into it.
Love these BLT Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados, try these other favorites!
Goddess Curry Chicken Salad from Pinch of Yum
5-Minute Chicken Salad from Butter with a Side of Bread
Lunchtime gold - these stuffed avocados are super easy to throw together, satisfying and pretty darn great for you too!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes (quarter if very large)
- 1 cup finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup Silk Yogurt Alternative
- 2 medium to large ripe (but not over ripe) avocados
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook bacon and then transfer to plates lined with paper towels to cool. Once cooled dice into small pieces.
Meanwhile, prepare and measure out the chicken, tomatoes, lettuce and Silk Yogurt Alternative.
- In a large bowl, combine and mix together all ingredients except avocados.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Half your avocados, remove the pits, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
To serve, scoop a couple of spoonfuls of chicken salad onto each avocado half. Don't worry about getting too much into the hole, most will sit on top of the avocado. Enjoy!
*For a meal prep option, chicken salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge, covered. When you're ready to eat, simply prepare the avocado and top with the chicken salad.