Autumn Shredded Brussels Sprouts Apple Salad
Autumn Shredded Brussels Sprouts Apple Salad is a crispy, crunchy, healthy salad loaded with fresh fall flavors. Finely shredded raw brussels sprouts, crisp juicy apples, sweet chewy dried cranberries, pecans and feta cheese all tossed together and then dressed in an easy delicious poppyseed dressing for the perfect flavor combination.
AUTUMN SHREDDED BRUSSELS SPROUTS APPLE SALAD:
Are you team Brussels sprouts? It’s seems that people either love them or hate them. I’m definitely in the LOVE category and I always have been. Even if you’re not a fan of cooked Brussels, you may really like this salad. My kiddos don’t care for them… except shredded in salads. We can’t get enough and even enjoyed this two nights in a row last week. It’s very filling and has the most wonderful flavors and textures. I’m pretty sure, it’s going to steal the show at your Thanksgiving dinner table.
HOW TO SHRED BRUSSELS SPROUTS:
While many grocery stores sell shredded Brussels sprouts, I prefer to shred them at home for salads. I just find they’re fresher, taste better and you can slice them very, very thin! I’ve actually washed and shredded ahead of time and kept them in baggie in the fridge for up to a week and they keep perfectly.
They’re very simple to shred and there is no need to remove the core.
- Cut off the small stem end. Peel back any tough outer leaves from the sprouts then very thinly shred with a sharp knife. I’ve used the slicing disc on my food processor to thinly slice Brussels sprouts before, but a sharp knife is the best way to finely shred vs slice.
- Once sliced, place sprouts in a large bowl of cold water to wash. Drain well (I use my salad spinner).
- Use immediately or place in a baggie and store up to one week.
Not only is this salad great for everyday dinner or lunch, and the holidays, but it’s perfect to bring to a potluck. Since the shredded Brussels sprouts are heartier than lettuce, they stand up to being dressed much longer. Whenever and however you serve it – enjoy!
OTHER FALL INSPIRED SALADS, YOU’LL LOVE:
Roasted Butternut Squash Brown Rice Holiday Salad
Autumn Chopped Salad from The Recipe Critic
Fall Harvest Salad from A Beautiful Plate
I’d love to know if you make this (or any) recipe! Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Autumn Shredded Brussels Sprouts Apple Salad
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed, and thinly sliced
- 1 apple, chopped (I like Honeycrisp or Pink Lady apples for this salad.)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or craisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or other favorite nut
- 1/2 cup reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Poppyseed Dressing of choice*
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Prepare Brussels sprouts according to instructions in post. Toss chopped apple in lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl until well blended or shake up in a small jar.
- Add dressing mixture to salad and toss to coat. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
I made a shredded brussels sprouts salad on repeat last fall; it held up so well for leftover lunches!! Love all the different textures in this salad 🙂
Such a beautiful salad for the coming season, Kim! I love the apple tossed in with the Brussels Sprouts. I need to try that next time!
I have never thought to make a salad with raw sprouts but as they’re just like mini cabbages I can see how this would work. Love the addition of apple and feta, putting this on my to make list!
Believe it or not, I have a big bag of Brussels sprouts in the fridge that I had planned to roast, but really haven’t felt like eating. I think I’ll have to make this instead cause I’m suddenly craving them again!
This just screams fall! Pinned!
I love a sprout salad. So good with some apple and cranberries in it.
This salad sounds so delicious! I discovered shredded Brussel’s sprouts a couple years ago and haven’t looked back since. It’s the best way to eat them in my opinion 🙂
This recipe sounds so light and refreshing but also full of flavor. I’m adding this to my brunch ideas for my next gathering.
oh I just bought a bag of fresh brussels this sounds wonderful I love the thought of making a salad with these!
Love brussels sprouts…I like to refer to them as ‘little cabbages’. This salad looks so good and full of flavour and texture. I bet it’s delicious on it’s own or even on top of tacos.
This recipe s perfect timing! I have been wanting to use Brussels as the base for a salad – and all my favs are in this one – yum!