Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
Change up your typical breakfast routine with these Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes! Light, fluffy protein pancakes, filled with grated apple, plenty of protein and the perfect hint of cinnamon.
Favorite Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
When it comes to breakfast foods, pancakes are where it’s at! They’re quick and easy to make, incredibly versatile, and perfect to make for a crowd. My kids love them, and we make them frequently at our house. Pancakes are also great for a quick dinner when you’re too tired to cook, or a fun weekend breakfast. I always try to make sure I pack plenty of protein in my pancakes, so they’re satisfying and healthier. We’ve tried a variety of delicious protein pancake recipes, from these lemon poppy seed protein pancakes, to these pumpkin oat protein pancakes and cinnamon roll protein pancakes, and today I’m sharing a recipe for Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes!
The lightly sweetened cinnamon batter is quick and easy to whip up, and I love the texture and flavor that the grated fresh apple and crunchy pecans add. The pecans are completely optional, but I TOTALLY recommend them!
These pancakes cook quickly and get light and fluffy on the griddle and I’m thanking Kodiak Cakes for that. I use Kodiak Cakes Pancake Mix often because it’s just so darn easy, delicious, and healthy. Remember my Almond Poppy Seed Pancakes, made with Kodiak Cakes? Those were my favorite, but these actually might top them. You can find Kodiak Cakes Mixes at Target, Kroger, Costco and Walmart. This is not a sponsored post – I’m just sharing a product I truly love with you guys.
I can usually fit about six pancakes on my griddle at a time, so I can have a pile of hot pancakes in only a few minutes. That works out perfectly for my ravenous family!
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
It’s standard pancake-making, a bowl of dry ingredients, a bowl of wet poured over dry, and then one grated apple is stirred into the batter before griddling them. I used the Kodiak Cakes Cinnamon Oat Mix, which I think works best for this recipe, but the buttermilk mix would work great too.
These pancakes are a perfect breakfast on a fall morning or anytime you want to savor the flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg, which pair wonderfully with apples. The bits of grated apple and chopped pecans lend just a touch of texture to the otherwise soft, fluffy, and lightweight pancakes. Your house will smell incredible after making a batch of these easy pancakes that remind me of apple pie.
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Cinnamon Oat Mix*
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 (60g) ripe banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated apples
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Topping suggestions: chopped pecans, Greek yogurt, Walden Farms Pancake Syrup, maple syrup
- Preheat skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Mix Kodiak Cakes mix, protein powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, egg, banana and vanilla together. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Squeeze moisture out of grated apples and fold into the mixture. Stir in pecans, if using.
- Spray griddle with cooking spray. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto griddle. Once bubbles form on the top, flip. Top with favorites and enjoy.
*If you can't find this mix variety. Any Kodiak Cakes mix will work fine.