Southwest Chicken Salad Wraps
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CampbellsShortcutMeals #CollectiveBias
Southwest Chicken Salad Wraps- protein-packed chicken joined with a salsa dressing and a bounty of other flavorful ingredients, I picked up at Walmart, makes for such an incredibly tasty, easy back to school meal!
Shop for all of the delicious Campbell Soup Company products I used to make these Southwest Chicken Salad Wraps easy, but also crowd-pleasing wonderful. Hover over the photo below to click through to Walmart.com and purchase them!
Just in case you haven’t noticed, I’m kind of a fan of salads. Note the hint of sarcasm in my voice? Seriously, though, I usually eat some type of salad for lunch or dinner, pretty much everyday. While I enjoy a variety of different types of salads, a jazzed up chicken salad is my very favorite!
It’s a little more difficult to get the kiddos interested in salads, but I’m always up for a challenge. By adding their favorite Pace® Chunky Salsa and a host of other flavorful ingredients to this salad and serving it wrap-style. I left them begging for more. I love when that happens!! I enjoy mine with a large glass of thirst-quenching V8 +Energy®.
V8 +Energy® is natural energy from Green Tea and one serving gives you a combined serving of veggies and fruit. It’s also super tasty and so refreshing for summer!
Because life is crazy, I wanted to keep these wraps as simple and quick-to-make as possible. There’s enough stress in life, dinner should be easy, breezy. My chicken of choice was the already cooked Swanson® Premium Chicken. I love that this option is ready to use without any prep or mess – just pop the can and throw in the drained chicken. Plus, it’s low fat, heart healthy and REALLY tasty!
The dressing made with Pace® Chunky Salsa brings everything together and highlights that Southwest flavor in an amazing way. Pace® Salsa is made with handpicked veggies and kicks up the flavor of just about any recipe. From dips to salads, we love Pace® Salsa in just about everything, but maybe ice cream. 😜
I hope your family LOVES this yummy recipe as much as mine does! It’s:
While this Southwest Chicken Salad is awesome in a wrap, feel free to serve it as a dip with tortilla chips or crackers or even in lettuce cups for a lower carb option.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram so we can see what you come up with. Enjoy, friends!
Southwest Chicken Salad Wraps
For the salad:
- 2 4.5 oz. cans Swanson® Premium Chicken,, drained
- 1 red bell pepper,, diced
- 1 can black beans,, drained & rinsed
- 1 can sweet yellow corn,, drained (or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)
- 2 roma tomatoes,, diced
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce,, chopped well
- ¼ cup cilantro,, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado,, diced
For the dressing:
- ⅓ cup mayo, or use plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
- tortilla wraps or large lettuce leaves/cups
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients together.
- In a small bowl stir dressing ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over salad, gradually, as you toss to combine, then gradually add more dressing until salad is coated in dressing. Add salt to taste, if needed.
- Serve with a large glass of V8+Energy®! Add salad to a tortilla wrap or large lettuce leave, over greens or dip style with crackers or chips. Enjoy!
All of the products used to make these Southwest Chicken Salad Wraps were conveniently found at Walmart.
OTHER EASY KID-FRIENDLY RECIPE IDEAS TO TRY!
Something to think about….
Do you have a quick & easy go-to back to school meal?