Thanks so much to Smithfield for sponsoring this post and helping to create a wonderful Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Ham Frittata.
Hello, friends! Welcome to my new favorite brunch recipe! This Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Ham Frittata is salty, savory, packed with flavor and the perfect addition to your holiday brunch spread.
One of my favorite things about this time of year is festive brunch gatherings. And Christmas morning brunch is especially magical. My mom is the queen of Christmas morning breakfast recipes. Every year we are totally spoiled with food on Christmas. From sweet baked oatmeal to muffins to sweet pastries there is never a shortage of yumminess!
This appropriately red and green Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Ham Frittata will definitely be making an appearance this year! Utterly delicious, full of flavor and most importantly EASY. It’s even made in one pan!
All of the ingredients were bought ready-to-go, including the tasty Smithfield Spiral Sliced Smoked Ham. Smithfield Spiral Sliced Smoked Ham is always a centerpiece on our holiday table, and it can also be a lovely addition to soups, salads, sandwiches and more.
I can’t imagine a more satisfying and easy breakfast recipe. A hearty frittata is a favorite for anytime of the year, but also absolutely made for Christmas morning. It’s awesome, too, that there’s only one pan to clean up after all the food has been eaten. More time for opening the presents! Keep it simple. Keep it delicious. Make it your own. Just make it. Invite friends and family. Sit around the kitchen and enjoy!
I adore this frittata for a couple of reasons. First of all, it feeds a large group with ease. Secondly, it’s the perfect destination for your leftover Smithfield Spiral Sliced Ham and any other veggies you need to use up. Lastly, it’s totally appropriate to serve it for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner and looks beautiful on a holiday buffet too!
I can’t wait to see your brunch creations! Comment and let me know what you think and be sure to take a photo and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (any milk works, I use cashew or almond milk)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, depending on taste preference*
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato halves, chopped (not oil packed)
- 4.5 oz. (about 1 cup) diced Smithfield Spiral Sliced Ham
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a 10-inch (or slightly larger) oven-safe skillet or cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for about 5 minutes and until tender. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute more.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt & pepper and pesto. Fold in sun-dried tomatoes and ham.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until egg mixture is set, about 20 minutes. Serve with a light side salad or a piece of toast and enjoy.
Check out some of my other favorite holiday brunch recipes!
Pin this Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Ham Frittata!
Something to think about….
Have you ever had the deliciousness of a Smithfield Spiral Sliced Ham? They’re available at grocery stores nationwide. Be sure to look for them when you’re picking up items for your holiday menu!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield.