Super Simple Homemade Chex Mix Recipe
Like it or not, back-to-school time is just around the corner! My kiddos start in 11 days and I’ve already been searching for fun snack and lunch ideas. I definitely want to make one of my kids’ favorite snacks for the first day of school, and they are both huge fans of this super simple homemade Chex Mix recipe.
The first day of fourth grade is pretty special, so we’re jazzing things up with cute butterfly snack bags! I couldn’t have made these without Ziploc® brand Snack bags with Easy Open Tabs . As usual, Ziploc® brand products are helping with all of my back-to-school preparation, including snack time.
These butterfly snack bags could not have been easier to create! Madelyn got in on the fun and decorated the clothespins. All we used for the project was clothespins, googly eyes, glue, pipe cleaners, paint, Ziploc® brand Snack bags with Easy Open Tabs and snacks.
The homemade Chex Mix recipe is pretty close to the original from 1952, with just a few revisions to make it like my grandpa always did. There are so many Chex Mix recipe variations, but I just really love this super simple one the best. It’s really flavorful without too many distractions! ☺
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups any combo of Chex cereal I use 3 cups rice Chex, 2 cups corn Chex and 1 cup wheat Chex
- 2 cups lightly salted mixed nuts
- Prepare large shallow baking dish with aluminum foil, melt butter on shallow pan at 300 degrees F.
- Once butter is melted, stir in Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and salt.
- Toss Chex cereal and mixed nuts on baking sheet to cover with butter mixture.
- Bake Chex for 30 minutes at 300 degrees F., stirring every 10 minutes. Allow to cool, enjoy and try not to eat it all in one sitting!
- Store in Ziploc® brand storage bags with Easy Open Tabs.
Have you tried Ziploc® brand bags with Easy Open Tabs? The added tab makes them easy to grip and open. The Ziploc® brand bags with Easy Open Tabs are available in freezer, storage, sandwich and snack varieties. They are perfect for storing fruits, meat, craft materials, school supplies and other household items. I picked mine up while doing my grocery shopping at Kroger!