Skinny Zoodles and Meatballs
This Skinny Zoodles and Meatball recipe makes for the most fabulous healthy, yet super satisfying meal. Clean eating meatballs joined with the most flavorful homemade tomato sauce and the ever versatile zucchini noodles- truly a match made in healthy-eating heaven!
I love taking American classics and transforming them into a still tasty, but much more nutritious, meals. The meatballs are baked and made with extra lean turkey (feel free to use other meats). I shared my recipe for easy healthy homemade tomato sauce a few days ago. It’s a must make! From eggs to chicken- I’ve been putting it on everything. And then you have lovely spiralized zucchini. Of course, you can totally use regular spaghetti or even brown rice noodles.
If you haven’t given zoodles a try, you are seriously missing out. They are different from regular noodles and you will definitely be able to tell the difference, but I actually prefer the lighter noodle to a more starchy pasta. I have even mixed whole grain pasta with the zoodles, to get the best of both worlds. I have the Paderno Spiralizer and it is fantastic- easy to clean and a cinch to use.
Skinny Zoodles and Meatballs
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs, panko or whole wheat
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or other milk
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. 97% lean ground turkey or chicken breast
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- For serving: 1 medium zucchini per person and tomato sauce
- Place bread crumbs and milk in a small bowl; set aside to soak for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes and until onion is soft.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Combine onion mixture, turkey, eggs, parsley, cheese, oregano, salt, pepper and bread crumb mixture in a large bowl; mix well with clean hands. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Form turkey mixture into meatballs; arrange onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Serve over zoodles and tomato sauce.
**Recipe slightly adapted from the FIXATE (21 Day Fix Cookbook from Autumn Calabrese)
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
If this recipe is of interest to you, you’re sure to love Bison Meatballs with Zoodles and Chimichurri Sauce!
oh my this sounds delicious and so timely! My friend just posted a photo on facebook of spiralized zucchini she had made. I ordered the spiralizer that she showed (it is a much smaller and cheaper version that is available on Amazon), for storage purposes for me, it should be ok.
This looks sooooooooooooo good!!
I’ve been thinking about making zoodles for a while and your recipe (and beautiful pictures!) just gave me the motivation