Super Easy, Healthy Baked Fruit Dessert (vegan and gluten free)
This super easy, healthy baked fruit dessert (vegan and gluten free) is the perfect sweet treat for those of us with a raging sweet tooth that still aim to eat nutritiously. Serve in a heaping bowl on its own or top with Greek yogurt or coconut cream. This skinny fruit bake also works so well as a topping and adds fresh sweet flavor to pancakes, oatmeal, waffles and more.
Fruit is truly nature’s candy and I am a self-proclaimed fruit addict. I have a huge sweet tooth and for that reason I choose to limit the amount of dessert type foods I keep in the house. Cookies don’t last a chance in the Lee household!
Instead, I buy fruit in bulk and usually Costco has really great organic choices. So, instead of eating cookie after cookie, it’s strawberry after strawberry. Still getting my fair share of sugar, but not nearly as bad. Plus, there’s all of those vitamins and antioxidants. 🙂
Forget the crusty cobbler and cup of sugar- when fruit is roasted, the flesh softens and the natural sugars caramelize, creating an added layer of flavor that is reminiscent of the fruit in a deep-dish pie. Almost any kind of fruit in season can be thrown together and roasted for an absolutely irresistible, but still nutritious dessert.
This baked fruit dessert is simple, requiring only 8 ingredients and just 5 minutes to prepare, minus cooking time. It’s also delicious. Ripe, fresh fruit is dressed with a drizzle of maple syrup, cinnamon and lemon juice.
This baked fruit dish is begging to be made. It’s:
So easy to prepare
And the perfect diet-friendly fix!
- 3 cups sliced apples about 2 small apples
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large banana sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a baking dish with coconut oil cooking spray (or other non-stick spray).
- Toss all fruit varieties in lemon juice, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Bake for about 25-30 mins. Remove bake from oven and add slices of banana to the top. Place bake back in oven and bake for another 5-10 mins and until apple slices are of desired softness.
- Enjoy after cooling for about 10 mins with whipped cream or coconut cream. Alternatively, store in the fridge for about a week and use as a snack or dessert or as a topping for other favorite foods, like oatmeal, Greek yogurt and pancakes.
Feel free to use any favorite fruits and more or less of the amounts in the recipe instructions. Some other fruit ideas- sliced pear, sliced peaches, blueberries, cherries, grapes, cranberries. You can even add nuts and granola for an added crunch.
Other yummy fruity desserts you’re sure to love!
Something to think about…
Do you have a go-to healthier dessert? Do share!
Have you entered my $300 Amazon gift card giveaway? Head on over to the giveaway post and be sure to enter!