Roasted Grape Caramelized Onion Hummus Crostini
Roasted Grape Caramelized Onion Hummus Crostini – This appetizer is bursting with flavor and is a crowd-pleaser at any event!
This appetizer is great for guests of all kinds, and accommodates special diets like gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Let the entertaining begin!
But don’t forget the Santa Margherita! I’ve really got a thing for Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG these days. The combination of flavors in this appetizer situation meld together perfectly, making this a new must serve for any upcoming get-togethers. It would be ridiculous for me to attempt to put into words just how monumentally delicious this food and drink pairing is – you’ll just have to try it for yourself!
Santa Margherita is not only great for entertaining, it’s also wonderful to just enjoy at home in front of the TV. I’ve also given it as a gift. Who can’t use a fabulous bottle of Prosecco?!
Pour the wine and let’s get this show on the road!
I used my favorite caramelized onion hummus for this, simply because I like the punchy, earthy tones of the caramely onion paired with the grapes. But you’re more than welcome to swap in classic hummus, or even another favorite flavor. ANYTHANG WORKS, Y’ALL.
The grapes go for a little swim in olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette, and that’s a must, guys. Pop those little gems in the oven. If you’ve never tried roasting grapes, you’re in for such a treat. Grapes are so tasty naturally, but when roasted, the sweetness deepens and becomes more complex. I love adding roasted grapes to cheese platters for a touch of sugary goodness and pairing them with the caramelized onion hummus is wonderful sweet and savory combo. Tossing in a touch of balsamic adds a tangy bite to balance out all of the flavors. The crusty bread gets a little toasty stint in the oven, and then it’s time for assembly.
With spring entertaining right around the corner (how did that happen?!?!), you’ll want to bookmark this yumminess!
All the toppings are perfectly delicious on their own, but when piled high on crispy crostini, that extra needed crunch is brought to the table. Go in for a sip of Prosecco and this app becomes truly divine. Truly.
I hope you all LOVE these tasty bites. They’re sweet & savory, filling, flavorful, easy to make (only 6 ingredients) & delicious.
If you try this app, let me know by leaving a comment and tagging a photo #kimscravings on Instagram. I’d love to see your entertaining in action. Cheers, friends!
- 1-2 baguettes mine totaled 8 oz.*
- 2 cups seedless red grapes halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Caramelized onion hummus**
- Fresh dill sesame seeds and cracked pepper to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add grapes to a small baking sheet that is lined with foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and olive oil together. Drizzle mixture onto grapes and toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. While cooking, slice baguette into ⅓ inch slices (should make about 22 rounds, depending the amount bought). Lay the bread slices on a large baking sheet and spray tops with cooking spray.
- Place bread slices on other rack in oven to toast at the same time as grapes, for the last 10 mins.
- While cooking, prepare caramelized onion hummus.
- Remove grapes and bread from oven, after 10 minutes and when baguette slices are lightly toasted and grapes are just starting to wrinkle and burst.
- Spread about 1/2 tablespoon hummus onto crostini and add several grape halves to each crostini.
- Sprinkle fresh cracked pepper and sesame seeds over crostini and garnish with dill. Enjoy!
*Try Udi's Gluten-Free Baguette, if needed.
**You can use original (or another favorite flavor) hummus, if preferred.
TRY MY OTHER FAVORITE APPETIZER IDEAS
Something to think about….