This Pineapple Bacon Guacamole is exploding with flavor and absolutely screams summertime! Is there a better appetizer out there than a bowl of fresh guacamole with a side of chips? I seriously don’t think so.
A good guacamole recipe is something everyone should know how to make. It’s my go-to snack for bringing to parties and I love that it’s healthy and always a crowd-pleaser.
It really is so versatile too. I know everyone has their favorite way of making it, but this Pineapple Bacon Guacamole has quickly become one of my new favorites. What’s not to love about bacon crumbles in guac and cubes of pineapple thrown in for good measure?
Of course, this dip is great with any chip or cracker and even works as a spread in a wrap, but it’s especially wonderful with Jackson’s Honest Purple Heirloom Potato Chips.
Have you guys tried these chips? Oh my goodness, I’m addicted! Good thing they’re made with simple “real” ingredients. This is the ingredient list – Non GMO Potatoes, Organic Coconut Oil, Sea Salt. Yep… that’s it.
Combine purple heirloom potato chips with this Pineapple Bacon Guacamole and you’ve got the most perfect summer appetizer! Memorial Day is just around the corner, so grab Jackson’s Honest Purple Heirloom Potato Chips and take this along to outdoor gatherings or BBQs, or serve it with pretty much any dinner. I think it would pair especially well with burgers or tacos!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram so everyone can see what you come up with. Enjoy, friends and have a fun holiday weekend!
Pineapple Bacon Guacamole - quite possibly the most perfect summer appetizer!
- 1 bag Jackson’s Honest Purple Heirloom Potato Chips
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 ripe Hass (large) avocados (or 5 smaller avocados)
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple , diced into 1/2″ pieces
- 1/2 jalapeño , minced and seeded
- ¼ red onion , finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro , finely chopped
- juice from ½ lime (2-3 teaspoons)
- 1- 1½ teaspoons salt , or to taste (start with 1 teaspoon and add more as needed)
- Cilantro , chopped, for garnish
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until fully cooked and crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and crumble. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease and add pineapple and chile powder. Cook over medium-high until golden brown and caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and cool.
In a medium shallow bowl, use a fork to mash avocado and stir in red onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Stir in pineapple and bacon, garnish with additional fresh cilantro, and serve with Jackson’s Honest Purple Heirloom Potato Chips.
OTHER FAVORITE APPETIZERS
Something to think about….
Have you tried Jackson’s Honest Purple Heirloom Potato Chips? What’s your favorite summer celebrating recipe?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jackson’s Honest. The opinions and text are all mine.