Key Lime Smoothie
A light refreshing treat, this Key Lime Smoothie is full of good-for-you ingredients and loaded with scrumptious key lime pie flavor! The perfect healthy breakfast or snack for adults and kids.
It’s pretty much your favorite decadent dessert made healthier and in drink form, perfect for nutritious snackin’ or morning fuel. Smoothies are my favorite quick, easy, satisfying meal, but honestly the same old green smoothies can get a little boring. Well, there’s nothing boring about a Key Lime Pie Smoothie. No, not boring at all!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Ready in less than 5 minutes
- Amazing consistency and creamy texture
- Super satisfying
- Made with wholesome ingredients
This easy key lime smoothie recipe is packed with protein and even veggies, but it tastes just like key lime pie! Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Greens. Add a handful of baby spinach or kale leaves for a sneaky boost of veggies! You won’t even be able to taste it! The greens also help to give the smoothie that nice green color.
- Banana. To balance the tart from the lime and naturally sweeten the smoothie, you’ll need an extra ripe frozen banana. Using a frozen banana also helps to add thick creaminess.
- Lime. You’ll need lime juice from two key limes (or regular limes) to get that true flavor.
- Yogurt. To add creaminess, protein and flavor, try to find a key lime yogurt. Yoplait, Chobani and Siggi’s all make tasty options. If you can’t find key lime flavored yogurt, go with vanilla or coconut yogurt.
- Milk. Any milk works here. We like unsweetened vanilla almond milk or cashew milk best.
- Ice. If you’re smoothie is plenty thick and creamy, no need to add ice. However, if you feel like you need a little extra slushiness, you can add up to about 1 cup.
- Optional. If you feel like you need a little extra sweetener, feel free to add some stevia or 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup or honey. You can also top this key lime smoothie with whipped cream, graham cracker crumbs and a graham cracker.
How to make this recipe
This recipe is quick, easy, and simple to make! Here’s the easy process:
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This Key Lime Smoothie is everything dreams are made of… it’s:
and so refreshing!
You’ll want to whip up this beauty again and again!
Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach and or kale leaves, about 1 handful
- 1 frozen extra ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice, about 2 key limes juiced
- 1 container key lime Greek yogurt*, 5.3 ounce
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other milk product
- 1/2 to 1 cup ice, optional
- Optional for garnish: whipped topping, graham crackers and graham cracker crumbs
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smoothie.
- I like my smoothie extra cold and a little slushy, so I add about 1 cup of ice to the mix.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!